• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MovIt Brakes NEW Ceramic Brake Kits! Special Introductory GB

Since we offer only 100% perfection - we found after many years of research and road testing the unique and ultimate solution. MOV´IT-CER Ceramic Rotor

Explanation of MOV´IT-CER ceramic rotor:

Polyacronitrile fiber sheets are needled together to create a PANOX preform. The future rotors are cut out of this preform. These "raw" discs are carbonized at >1500°C to convert the Polyacronitrile fibers to carbon fibers. These carbonized rotors are then densified during a 14 day chemical vapor infiltration process. The rotors are then carbon-carbon. The rotors are then machined to the final geometry. Some faces are machined over thickness to allow for future machining. Now high rate silicon infiltration coverts the carbon-carbon rotors to a carbon silicon carbide rotor within approx. 16 hours.
finally, all faces are machined to the given tolerances and dimensions using polycrystalline diamond machine tooling which is required due to the hardness of the material. Finally, a strict x-ray scan and porosity check to ensure the same density throughout the entire rotor.

Advantages of the MOV´IT-CER rotor ceramic rotor over a cast iron rotor:
- Weight
- Lifetime
- Cost

The first improvement of a MOV´IT-CER rotor over the cast iron rotors is the reduced weight. The weight is reduced by approx. 50% over a same size cast iron rotor (more is not realistic although others claim). So this means a saving of between 4 and 8 kgs. (!) on each corner of the car. As a result, the car feels as if it is "lighter", responds better to the throttle and handles amazingly better. to give an example: driving over a bump on a highway at 70 mph, this bump can be heard AND felt in your feet and in the seat. If you take off 6 kg from each wheel, you will still "hear" the bump, but you hardly feel it anymore since the wheel is so much lighter and follows to the road much quicker. The next important advantage is the much quicker steering response. The car seems to "eat" the corners, turning right or left is much "lighter" and the car turns in the desired direction much quicker and more accurately.

These are the advantages that you really feel; you don’t have to measure this. Many others claim a better gas mileage, which is certainly the case, but who checks the 100% accurate gas mileage of a sports- or racecar?

The second important advantage is the lifetime.

A MOV´IT-CER rotor is extremely strong. Only polycrystalline diamond machine tooling is able to machine the surface of this rotor. The wear of this rotor is much less than the wear of a cast iron rotor. While replacing several cast iron rotors, the MOV´IT-CER rotor can be left on the car and just the pads will ever need to be replaced.
One big advantage of the MOV´IT-CER rotor compared to other ceramic rotors is the many times higher lifetime of the MOV´IT-CER rotor.

The MOV´IT-CER rotor is made in a completely different way than all other ceramic rotors. a MOV´IT-CER rotor starts his life as Polyacronitrile laminar fiber sheets, which are needled together in way that the fibers are oriented only in two directions (0 & 90°). This long fiber structure is kept for the entire production process until the rotor is finished.

As a result, the thermal conductivity and the thermal capacity of the MOV´IT-CER rotor are much higher compared to ceramic rotors that are used on some production cars these days. Those rotors are made out of a chopped fiber compound, so the fibers are much shorter which results in a bad thermal conductivity and poor thermal capacity. Of course the strength of those rotors is also reduced due to the lower material integrity. Since the structure of the MOV´IT-CER rotor is the same throughout the entire rotor, the lifetime is several times higher than the lifetime of the chopped fiber version. The MOV´IT-CER rotor can be used all the way down until the fading resistance and / or pedal travel is no longer satisfying. This will take years of hard use and thousands of miles. So talking serious, as long as you want to have the MOV´IT-CER rotor on whatever car, you only buy it once and take it from one car into the next. Just change the hats and caliper supports. In our opinion, this is one big advantage of the MOV´IT-CER rotor over the chopped fiber production rotors found on some production cars produced these days since those have to be replaced once the 0.5 mm thick friction layer is worn.

Another important advantage of the MOV´IT-CER rotor is the much faster cooling compared to other ceramic rotors. The long fiber structure transfers the heat throughout the entire rotor quicker and thus dissipates the heat much quicker than a rotor with short chopped fibers that cannot transfer the heat.

As a result of this highly sophisticated and intelligent design of the MOV´IT-CER rotor, the cost of the complete brake at the end of the day is much lower than the cost for normal, cast iron rotors. The lifetime is many times higher, so one invests money only once to enjoy many years along with the benefits of reduced weight, improved stopping AND handling of your car.

Combined with the ultra-strong MOV´IT-6 BILLET calipers this brake certainly is one of the best brakes ever made for fast sport cars.
Let’s summarize:

- Less weight
- Better handling
- Better acceleration
- Higher lifetime durability/reliability
- Lower long term cost
- Less temperature compared to other ceramic rotors
- Better Braking!
Imagine if you could get tires that stand any abuse for 100K+ miles and have 50% less weight!

We have 3 different pads available street, race and endurance.
All stop well when cold, NO warming up needed as with carbon rotors. Remember, the MovIt CER is a ceramic/carbon rotor, not a carbon/carbon rotor.

MovIt Brakes USA will offer a Special Introductory GB price on the new Kits for a limited time of ONLY 4 weeks. This due to the incredible demand for the new system WORLD WIDE.

The Ceramic Brake Kits are available in both 4 and 6 piston configurations for the front and 4 pistons in the rear with Rotor in the following sizes:

322mm
342mm
370mm
380mm
396mm

Pricing Starts at $7399 and goes up with size of rotor kit. The GB discount will be a 10% discount of current pricing. E-Mail or PM for exact pricing for desired kit sizes and combinations. Please Post ANY questions you may have about the kits so we can answer them for all to view.

MovItSlideShowGIF.gif

cera03.jpg

cera02.jpg

cera04.jpg

cera11.jpg

(Being sarcastic.. don't flame me..) If I win the lotto, I'll buy these :biggrin: . Untill then, it looks like I'll be riding on stockers :tongue:

In all seriousness, looks very cool, all the high end stuff and no compromise brakes. Good luck!

looking awersome but the price is huge. what you pay is what you get. and these brakes i think awersome but i need to kill somebody to buy them :eek: :biggrin:

Big props for entering the market with this kind of kit and I wish I could justify the cost.

Ever think about making the rotors in stock sizes? I'd think the market would be much larger and more profitable. Heck, I'd drop my Stoptechs if someone would make the ceramic rotors in the stockish NSX sizes.

At $7k for just two wheels, how are these better than the Stoptech Ceramic brakes which are cheaper? Not flaming, just honestly curious.

There are a number of factors that go into that cost. For example. Just the hardware to attach the hat to the rotor on the MovIt system cost in excess of $150 each. Where as the competitions only spend about $20. Secondly the MovIt rotor is made thoroughly and throughly of our carbon ceramic material. The competition uses a steel base with ceramic flakes attached to it. It is like comparing solid oak to particle board. In real world testing our rotors have endured more than 150,000 miles of abuse with less than 1/10 of 1 millimeter of wear. They also have 5 millimeters of wear depth available.

Those are just a couple examples of the many many differences that make MovIt the leader in brake technology and excellence.

Feel free to call or e-mail us for additional technical information that we can e-mail you.

cera11.jpg

cera05.jpg

cera04.jpg

merbra09.jpg

merbra12.jpg

audrs4c07.jpg

merbra04.jpg

audrs4c02.jpg

I assume you may pick any color for the calipers but is the standard color for the ceramics yellow?

Big props for entering the market with this kind of kit and I wish I could justify the cost.

Ever think about making the rotors in stock sizes? I'd think the market would be much larger and more profitable. Heck, I'd drop my Stoptechs if someone would make the ceramic rotors in the stockish NSX sizes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would jump on this if they make OEM size rotors.... IMO, OEM size carbon ceramic rotor is plenty enough for OEM caliper with good pads.
I am in for 1 set of OEM size rotors.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would jump on this if they make OEM size rotors.... IMO, OEM size carbon ceramic rotor is plenty enough for OEM caliper with good pads.

They are only available as a full kit due to the lack of different pads available for the hundreds of different calipers out there. There are only 6 pads available for this rotor in 2 different heat ranges.

I assume you may pick any color for the calipers but is the standard color for the ceramics yellow?

Yes, any color you desire as we can color match.

The competition uses a steel base with ceramic flakes attached to it. It is like comparing solid oak to particle board. In real world testing our rotors have endured more than 150,000 miles of abuse with less than 1/10 of 1 millimeter of wear. They also have 5 millimeters of wear depth available.

So these should have a lifetime warranty, right?

Actually no aftermarket big brake system manuf. has a warranty (including ours and all other competitors). We will replace parts that are defective in workmanship or material related.

But then how can you say it lasts 150K miles :) Maybe warranty them for 25K miles, enh?

If I buy a brand new car with wrranty and the rotors warp in the first 10k miles.... I can usually get new rotors replaced for free.

But then how can you say it lasts 150K miles :) Maybe warranty them for 25K miles, enh?

If I buy a brand new car with warranty and the rotors warp in the first 10k miles.... I can usually get new rotors replaced for free.

Not that I am disagreeing with you, but they will not warranty anything they think has been used under any "racing" conditions. As that automatically voids a warranty and aftermarket BBK systems are sold for "off road use" only.

Now that being said, at least with MovIt we will visit each situation and if there is an issue on our part we will more then step up and take care of it. In addition it must be said that the advancement in the hardware we are using on these rotors for a fully floating system allows for almost 2mm of side to side movement to assist in preventing this type of problem.

I rarely post but thought to throw my opinion in... these brakes are nice. They have a great bling! factor and great technology - I would have to say that there are only a couple types of people that will pay this much money for a BBK - heck I think they are all overpriced anyway, someone be honest out there that sells BBK's and tell us the markup, the real markup - don't lie and say that you only make 5% because I know it's BS!!! :)

Buyer Types -

1. Racers - most of these people have sponsers and a large check book
2. Show Car Builders - refer to number 1 above among other creative thoughts - lets see they get them at cost since it's a show car.... :)
3. Very Wealthy People - Money is no obstacle, price is irrelavent
4. Average Person - Generally this person either hit the lottery, just got a tax return or has a large balance due after charging it to his credit card but has to have the best bang for the Bling!
5. ETC... -

I would have to say the only reason that people by a lot more of the cheaper, if you want to call it that BBK's like StopTech and Brembo Gran Turismo is the price point, Bling Factor and finally they do improve your braking ability. I still think they are all way over priced and I will admit that I would love to have a set but I'm not willing to part with 5k+ to get a set of brakes. Others will and this is of course why high end brake manufactors are in buisiness - I solute you all for a great business model and marketing plan.

Let the flames start a flying - I know you guys are out their just keep in mind this is my opinion as cheap as I am....:wink:

Last edited:
Again, if you could produce the ceramic rotors in stock sizes, I'd sell the Stoptech's (that I'm very much happy with) in a heartbeat.

The only reason I went with the Stoptechs was b/c I was tired of dealing with rotor warping (uneven pad deposit/whatever you want to call it) and didn't want to worry about it prematurely ending a track event.

What would it take for your guys to produce a set of OE sized ceramic rotors and what kind of pads (consdering the carbon rotors) would you recommend?

You're looking at 279mm rotors for 91-96 and 297mm for 97+ NSXs.

Again, if you could produce the ceramic rotors in stock sizes, I'd sell the Stoptech's (that I'm very much happy with) in a heartbeat.

The only reason I went with the Stoptechs was b/c I was tired of dealing with rotor warping (uneven pad deposit/whatever you want to call it) and didn't want to worry about it prematurely ending a track event.

What would it take for your guys to produce a set of OE sized ceramic rotors and what kind of pads (consdering the carbon rotors) would you recommend?

You're looking at 279mm rotors for 91-96 and 297mm for 97+ NSXs.

We can make you a set of Ceramic MovIt rotors in the OEM size and supply you a new set of MovIt Ceramic brake pads for the OEM caliper. in addition we can also do this for ANY brake set up. Meaning we can change out your Stoptech rotors with a set of MovIt Ceramic rotors and supply you with new MovIt Ceramic pads for your Stoptech calipers.

Cost are as follows:

Rotors: Includes Rotors, Alum hat, and all Hardware and air freight from Germany

NSX Prime members cost: $2199 each

Pads: $325 a set and will last a long time

Last edited:
We can make you a set of Ceramic MovIt rotors in the OEM size and supply you a new set of MovIt Ceramic brake pads for the OEM caliper. in addition we can also do this for ANY brake set up. Meaning we can change out your Stoptech rotors with a set of MovIt Ceramic rotors and supply you with new MovIt Ceramic pads for your Stoptech calipers.

Cost are as follows:

Rotors: Includes Rotors, Alum hat, and all Hardware and air freight from Germany

NSX Prime members cost: $2499 each

Pads: $325 a set and will last a long time

Is this for all four corners?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you "jump" on these than please post up for all of us to see - for the mere additional 1200-1300+ per axle why not just go all out and by the BBK system?

So $9,121 for a set of four with pads in either stock sizes or equal w/ my Stoptech sizes. Almost the cost of the Porsche PCCB option.

Hmmm...do I want to be the first buyer?

So $9,121 for a set of four with pads in either stock sizes or equal w/ my Stoptech sizes. Almost the cost of the Porsche PCCB option.

Hmmm...do I want to be the first buyer?

Close

2199 x 4 + (325 x 2) = 9446

The Porsche rotors use ceramics flakes that are glued together, whereas the MovIt's are solid carbon ceramic. Again its like particle board compared to solid oak.

In addition the Porsche guys are already swapping out there rotors and pads for ours.

Close

2199 x 4 + (325 x 2) = 9446

I would love to have great(er) brakes.

However, when you said that these are cheaper for the long run, you have got to be seeing things in an unusual way (<- politically correct speak for "you are nuts" :)

A set of stock brake rotors, all 4 corners, is $250 or so.
A set of track worthy pads, front and rear, is $250 also.

There is no way this system is cheaper than stock, not even if you track your car a LOT. People don't go through that many sets of rotors and pads, ever. Even if you gave a lifetime warranty... probably not worth it.

Per axle, this kit is about 35 times (2199 * 2 /125) times more expensive for just the rotors.

And, I'm insulted by an introductory 10% off price. Acura dealers gives you more than that if you ask in many cases.

10% off is still 31 times more expensive than stock.

Clearly, this is not a product for me.

If you "jump" on these than please post up for all of us to see - for the mere additional 1200-1300+ per axle why not just go all out and by the BBK system?

Yes, but I prefer OEM specs...:)
But then Moveit just posted: $9446 for all 4 corners....hmmm I was being optimistic I guess. Although I was gauging about about $4K-5K for rotors only... I am only half way there...:rolleyes:

I think this BBK is the ultimate kit you can get... very close to F1 Rotors...?

Let the flames start a flying - I know you guys are out their just keep in mind this is my opinion as cheap as I am....:wink:

You get no flames from this reader man. If im gonna spend $9K on a set of brakes, those brakes better be sexy (in a female sort of way), can cook me breakfast lunch & dinner, read me a bedtime story, and give me back rubs.

That being said I agree with some of the posts on here, it looks like good quality stuff, but price point is aimed for the truly rich, track nuts, or someone with an insane need for attention. Seems like most of the NSX'rs I have ever met, even the ones with money (you know who you are! :wink: :biggrin: ) go for overall value and not just Bling. I dont doubt these brakes can do what is claimed, but for the common (if there is such a thing :tongue: :biggrin: ) NSX driver, its overkill and might not be worth the money.

Just my 2 cents *puts on flame suit* :biggrin:

I would love to have great(er) brakes.

However, when you said that these are cheaper for the long run, you have got to be seeing things in an unusual way (<- politically correct speak for "you are nuts" :)

A set of stock brake rotors, all 4 corners, is $250 or so.
A set of track worthy pads, front and rear, is $250 also.

There is no way this system is cheaper than stock, not even if you track your car a LOT. People don't go through that many sets of rotors and pads, ever. Even if you gave a lifetime warranty... probably not worth it.

Per axle, this kit is about 35 times (2199 * 2 /125) times more expensive for just the rotors.

And, I'm insulted by an introductory 10% off price. Acura dealers gives you more than that if you ask in many cases.

10% off is still 31 times more expensive than stock.

Clearly, this is not a product for me.

That is one way of looking at it however here a few others.

If you were to purchase the entire BBK kit and use it for whatever reason then decide you want to change vehicles. You would simply remove this kit from said old vehicle, call us, have new hat and brackets made for new said vehicle. Do this continuusly during the rest of your racin days and the kit will pay for it self several times over.

If you go through a couple of sets of rotors per year added up in no time they would pay for themselves.

In addition what is not being calculated here is the advantage of the weight loss and improved times while competing. Not to mention the cost if you can even calculate the improved overall braking the rotors and pads will provide over stockers. In conclution it is all in the prospective in your view.

Back