• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 2000 NSX with SOS built motor and OBD II twin turbo set up.

Error 404

Bigger Injectors not found
Stock fuel system good beyond 850 RWHP if turbo, 800 rwhp if SC
E85--- See above explanation

If you plug the actual equation into a calculator, the end result is usually a smiley face as it pertains to my butt dyno.

hopefully I get to see this beast sometime this year(2012)

Dudes and dudettes,

Update time. about 20k miles on my SOS twin turbo with my SOS built Peiserg 12-Zeta engine components (or as SOS likes to call it... Stage II build on their website)

I've got 90k on my clock now, which puts the SOS build/turbo at about 18k miles.. 9 psi/16 psi, 500 rwhp, 600 rwhp

Car ALWAYS starts, period. 30F, 115F, doesn't matter. No electrical issues, no hardware issues other than a blow off valve baffle breaking a year ago. Car ran great but wouldn't boost. SOS fixed it for PARTS only, and ate 4 hours of labor as a courtesy!!

Car still builds boost fast and early, and still holds till redline. Main issue is traction.

I saw a SOS twin turbo setup on the lift at Niguel Motors this wknd. I inspected it thoroughly. It's a well designed kit. I love the lack of a scavenge pump. I was also *shocked* a new custom fabbed front engine crossmember was needed! That piece kind of blew me away and partially illustrated why this kit is expensive.

I will say... there's so little room for plumbing that I worry about lines chaffing, silicon hoses rubbing, or other components succumbing to the heat in the long run. Great to have the peiserg express his success with the kit. Please continue to update us!

I prefer to put the intercooler on top of the engine, where airflow is best. Lotus did that with the Exige. Mount it just low enough to not block the entire view from the rear view mirror, and then use a small air scoop to bring in more cool air when going at speed.

I saw a SOS twin turbo setup on the lift at Niguel Motors this wknd. I inspected it thoroughly. It's a well designed kit. I love the lack of a scavenge pump. I was also *shocked* a new custom fabbed front engine crossmember was needed! That piece kind of blew me away and partially illustrated why this kit is expensive.

I will say... there's so little room for plumbing that I worry about lines chaffing, silicon hoses rubbing, or other components succumbing to the heat in the long run. Great to have the peiserg express his success with the kit. Please continue to update us!

i've not had any hoses fail in the 18k miles. what i didn't mention was there are MANY track miles on that 18k.. maybe 3000? maybe 5000? I've beaten the hell out of that turbo system and not a single issue other than the aforementioned blow off valve (that took about 2 yrs to fail iirc)

I prefer to put the intercooler on top of the engine, where airflow is best. Lotus did that with the Exige. Mount it just low enough to not block the entire view from the rear view mirror, and then use a small air scoop to bring in more cool air when going at speed.

Like this?

168044d1317323808-jdm-mazda-rx7-fc-turbo-2-complete-engine-swap-s5-5-speed-rwd-transmission-bad.jpg

Yes, but not with that boxer engine from the Subie. There was a European tuner that made a kit like what I described, with a huge intercooler.

The technical point here is that you want the air passage from compressor through intercooler to intake valve to be as short as possible, for improved throttle response and decreased turbo lag, as well as for a slight increase in air pressure and velocity going into the intake valves at WOT since the air passage is short and free of too many bends in the piping.

Yes, but not with that boxer engine from the Subie. There was a European tuner that made a kit like what I described, with a huge intercooler.

The technical point here is that you want the air passage from compressor through intercooler to intake valve to be as short as possible, for improved throttle response and decreased turbo lag, as well as for a slight increase in air pressure and velocity going into the intake valves at WOT since the air passage is short and free of too many bends in the piping.

The air to water intercooler does exactly what you are looking for without any obstruction to your view. Would love to see how this huge intercooler with scoop looked for a street car.

here is my car way back when I had the BBSC air-air intercooler . cardomain

The intercooler bolted to the big bolt on the throttle body, the side of the BBSC shaft and the rear bolt to the engine hanger.

Last edited:
I am thinking to do that for my 94 strap their tt system but as this is my first build i don't know what els i need to change not to crash the engine. So tempting :)))

stock transmission. the top air filters very easy to get to. the bottom one is a big pain in the ass even with a lift. I will just pay someone to clean that one.

Yeah I had a chance to see and ride in 3.5L SOS TT car. Looked great but that bottom filter looked to be a pain! Glad to hear your setup is running good.

The air to water intercooler does exactly what you are looking for without any obstruction to your view. Would love to see how this huge intercooler with scoop looked for a street car.
I prefer an air to water intercooler as well.

Like this one from Laminova:

airslots.jpg
kylare-genomsnitt.jpg

It was used in this car:

I used to joke that they can empty a bath tub full of ice water through those intercoolers to further decrease intake air temperature.

Last edited:
Update..

missed a shift, hit some unfortunate RPM... oil light comes on immediately... zero oil pressure, engine stops, car dead on road..

stomach drops, chest pain ensues....

off to SOS, anticipating huge bill, and new motor...

A day later the call... "hey. blew your oil pump, everything else is in good shape."

WHEW. Testament to the built like a brick shithouse motor SOS put together for me!!

Back