• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 97 might be a total

I got rear ended last week, just heard from the body shop that so far its looks like $27,000 to fix it. I didn't think it was near that bad, but once they got it apart there was frame damage and the floor pan was buckled. Stupid women on cell phones! Now what to do?

sorry to ear that...

can you post a image so we can see the damage? (if you don't is understandable)

wish everything resolves the best way

Glad to hear you are in good health after the accident. That is the most important thing.

I am sorry to hear the news about your car. I hope you can find a good replacement.

Now what to do?

Hi

I have zero experience from the US, but this may be a good universal tip: I would look up other 97 NSX for sale and that way document what they are worth. This can ofcourse go both ways, but usually it is a good thing to have when the insurance company gives you their offer.

I have had success doing so here when my motorcycle got totalled back in 93. When I could tell them that it was worth so and so then I got a fair price in the end. It may be a good tip for you over there too..

And if you have any aftermarket things you need to try to get those back if they are okey as they will probably not bump up your price. And you probably want those on your next NSX:

Then in the end go get yourself a "new" NSX. Sorry for your loss. It is never pleasent to read about these kinds of things.

Regards

Sorry for your loss. This is devastating! Hope all works out in the end. Maybe you'll end up with a 02+ NSX:smile: (If that's a good thing)

Wish you well.
Shaun

You'd be doing the NSX community a favor if you posted the VIN of your car in this thread so that it would be searchable in years to come.

Sorry to hear about your rear ender.:eek: Glad you are ok. I can't wait until they ban talking on cell while semi-driving. Depending on your mileage, your NSX may or may not be totaled. A 97 should be valued above $35,000 depending on mileage and condition of vehicle.

Sorry to hear about your rear ender.:eek: Glad you are ok. I can't wait until they ban talking on cell while semi-driving. Depending on your mileage, your NSX may or may not be totaled. A 97 should be valued above $35,000 depending on mileage and condition of vehicle.

Insurance companies typically total a car when the damage exceeds 75% of its assessed value. He's right on the edge.

I got rear ended last week, just heard from the body shop that so far its looks like $27,000 to fix it. I didn't think it was near that bad, but once they got it apart there was frame damage and the floor pan was buckled. Stupid women on cell phones! Now what to do?

Kill the woman on the cell phone.

Who is your insurance company?

I have Mercury and they actually paid me out quite a bit when i wrecked my nsx. 58k for a 2000 nsx-t with about 33k miles on it.

You just have to do your homework with the insurance company, and do not take their first offer... provide them with as much paperwork as possible and other examples of cars you would buy to replace your nsx.

I guess i may be the odd one out cause i had a good experience with an insurance company (i bought my car for 37k).

Who is your insurance company?

I have Mercury and they actually paid me out quite a bit when i wrecked my nsx. 58k for a 2000 nsx-t with about 33k miles on it.

You just have to do your homework with the insurance company, and do not take their first offer... provide them with as much paperwork as possible and other examples of cars you would buy to replace your nsx.

I guess i may be the odd one out cause i had a good experience with an insurance company (i bought my car for 37k).

I have the owner of the body shop doing that for me! He has had more that one NSX and is probably one of the only shops in Nor Cal that could fix it right. He already told me it sould be about $60,000

I thank everyone for their concern. I'm fine but my poor car! I was the 2nd car at a stop light had and 150 pickup behind me, so the 150 took the impact.
I got out and check the guy behind , looked over and the bitch that hit us still had the cell phone in her hand! Some one said is she alright? But I could not even bring myself to go over, I was ready to kill her !! She did over $100,000 worth of damage! bet she's going to be looking for new insurance!!
Anyway I may or may not some parts for sale. In the mean time I am looking for a replacement car. Already found some very nice 02 to 04 cars, some private, some dealer, but all low miles! Anyway, to make a long story shorter
thank you all!!

Anyway I may or may not some parts for sale. In the mean time I am looking for a replacement car.

Did the rear valance survive? I wouldn't mind having a stock one.

I have the owner of the body shop doing that for me! He has had more that one NSX and is probably one of the only shops in Nor Cal that could fix it right. He already told me it sould be about $60,000

WOW! Sorry to hear that. Do you have pictures of what $60k in damage looks like?

Dam! $27g's is huge for a rear ender considering how tough the back end is with less stuff there than the rest of the car. Sorry to hear another N may be gone. Is the woman hot? Could be a sign for you man! lol...u never know how crazy things happen when you least expect it!

Back