• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 997.2 GT3 RS

I sold my 2002 LBB in December and bought this 2011 GT3 RS. I do miss my NSX, but this thing is an all together different beast. It is pushing 485hp and 385 ft lbs of torque. Absolute knife like precision in the turns and the brakes almost make your eyes pop out of your head. The carbon fiber seats hold you in place no matter how hard your turn.

I know the NSX and Porsche are completely different cars. Don't slam me...I owned 2 NSX's before I bought my Porsche. :smile:

Attachments

• 997.jpg
    997.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 744
  • 9971.jpg
    9971.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 642
  • 9972.jpg
    9972.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 680
NSX and GT3's are such different beasts all together.

The tech in your car (and mine) makes me wonder what a 6 cylinder NSX could be if Honda were to build one.

Congrats on the purchase. I love the 997.2. Any temptation to upgrade to the 4.0l RS?

My friends dad has a 2011 too, it's a beast but not very road friendly he says. He says long trips will knock your fillings lose.

Have driven a 997.1 GT3 RS several times. What a frustrating car. Couldn't take it anywhere to its potential on the street. Hell, I'm not skilled enough to push it anywhere near its limit on a track either. The thing is just insanely capable. I think if I owned one I'd develop an inadequacy complex :biggrin:

Wow....That is the dream for me Man love it ! Some day I'm jumping ship to a 997 GT3 for sure !

inless your a car guy it looks like every Porsche driving down the road.

but very nice ride. I would drive it till i needed new tires and trade it in for 3 NSX's for the price of that Porsche.

beautiful car. that is another dream car for me that I hope one day I can live that dream, just like the NSX.

friggin sweeeeeet.....I love it. I wouldn't even look back if I moved to one of these.

I'm kind of surprised Porsche uses that graphic.......no way we could run one of those without hearing the word "RICER" yelled at us............

Awesome car bro. Nobody can say anything negative about it cause there really isn't anything valid to say. +1 on the decal color....buy another NSX and start a collection! :)

Hey Todd! I started to think you lost the love for us NSX guys as I haven’t seen you on prime for a while! Congratulations on the new car… it is very beautiful! Now bring that beast out to the next NSX drive…. We won’t talk too much smack on you!:tongue::biggrin:

-Steve

Already visiting GMG? Any mods on that beast. This is a very special car much like the NSX. Congrats on the good taste.

Thanks for all the great replies.
1. Red Graphics...what was Porsche thinking?
2. Comfort...I have the carbon fiber seats and it is VERY comfortable. There is a sport button that tightens things up and even then it is still comfortable. The only issue is that there in little noise dampening material so you do get road noise.
3. Drive it until I need tires and get 3 NSXs...that means after I drive a whopping 5000 miles get rid of it! This thing is supposed to eat tires...what do you expect from super soft tires + almost 500 hp. The plus is that this thing STICKS to the road!
4. Retail price...worth every penny.
5. Capable car...I did the Porsche Driving School in Alabama and when we did the hot laps with the pro drivers in the Turbo Carrera's...they said the GT3 RS would beat the Turbo...LORD is that INSANE!!!
6. Looks...in person this thing looks like it belongs on the track...there is NOTHING normal looking about it...and the sound :biggrin:
7. Big wing = big downforce. This is a race car with license plates.
8. Forget about the NSX community...NEVER! I can tell you that NSX people are the best. Went to a Ferrari meet (with a friend) what a bunch of pompous a-holes. I would love to go to the next NSX drive.
9. Upgrades...YES! I had GMG install their headers and high flow cats and their roll cage.

Back