• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My car has Gremlins and its frustrating! Almost had enough!!

Hi,

my idle does precisely that sometimes....the thing that causes it is the AC beeing ON...as soon as i shut it down, the idle stays at arround 800 ... steady....if i get the AC running again, it starts to do the same thing...

don't happen very often....but when it does...it's annoying....ohhhh...and only with the motor at idle...if i drive, i can't notice a thing...

EDIT: could it be the AC compressor clutchs slipping all-over that affects the crank, ence the idle too???

PS - I'm still thinking about your last PM :wink:

Last edited:
Wow...6 year bump on your first post. Nice. While relatively speaking, NSXs are quite reliable, NSX ownership isn't for the faint of heart. Also, keep in mind that many primers choose to work on their own cars. So while the issues noted in this thread might "put you off" understand that a qualified NSX technician could very likely make quick work solving the issue. Cheers.

Hi,

Jetpilot3, Viper Driver, was this issue ever resolved??

I'm thinking of buying this NSX in Dubai, but reading this thread has put me off.
Also this one: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-millisecond?highlight=engine die millisecond

I noticed Jetpilot3 sold the car literally 2 or 3 months after this thread was posted up.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-bought-my-Imola!!!?highlight=jetpilot3+black

Thanks
H

Viper Driver and I have been speaking to Half-9 about "our" ex-NSX.

Problem was solved before the sale (or so the NSX technician and I thought) to only come back under the ownership of Arafaat (guy I sold it to when I bought my Imola). Arafaat then sold it and it seems to be changing hands ever so often with no one actually fixing the issue. I feel the interior of the car needs to come out again or pull the engine and trace back all wiring that would cause the engine to hesitate. Unfortunately in the Middle East the NSX was never sold there so it would need an electrical expert with cars to diagnose.

Half-9 ended up buying the 2003 Silverstone NSX-T that has been for sale in Dubai for a year or so. Congrats!

Back