• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MY CAR IS 20 YEARS OLD! Happy Birthday

My 1991 NSX has a mfg date of 6/90, so it is 20 years old this month! :eek:

The Vin is MT000085, and (as is explained in other threads) the first 60+ cars were not production models, so my car is the 22nd or so NSX by serial number sold in the US. At one point (maybe still) it was the oldest NSX on Prime and in the NSXCA.

I've owned it since 2000 and was aquainted with both of the previous owners. It has 44K miles on it. It has given me great joy.

Happy 20th Birthday NSX!

Bill

Last edited:
Sure it isn't 6/90? :smile:

I wonder if we can find the first NSX purchased in the USA? who are you we want pics of your car.... please.

My original bill of sale and pre-delivery inspection sheet are both dated November 8, 1990.
The car was prepurchaced for $84,998.20 and delivered January 1st, 1991. The original owner paid above list price to be one of the first.
VIN MT000732. currently 35k miles. all stock.

built 09/1990 I have the build sheet and it is stated 13/O9/1991.

Last edited:
My 91 is VIN MT000199. Currently at 53k miles. Completely stock with exception of AP-X exhaust. Looks like it came off the showroom floor. I am the 3rd owner (as of 1/10). Originally purchased from Miami Acura, but don't have the purchase papers. Jay

Mine was built 09/1990, 000797, delivered 11/20/1990 to Acura of Riverside, Original owner was MDR Car Collection Inc., so its 20th birthday is coming up in September, has 79K miles, and runs like a dream. If anyone has more info, please let me know, unfortunately I never got any original purchase paperwork with the car.

I thought George Lucas bought the first one here in the states?

I heard the same thing. I think it was a black one if I recall correctly.

I think I heard it on a fifth gear episode. Ah yes, found it on youtube. It said the first one in CA went to Lucas. Not sure if that was the first one in the US.

Last edited:
I feel we should gets cakes made up with an NSX on it!!!!!

That is what my wife but girlfriend did at the time back in the 90's with my teal 91 Civic!! I should find that picture and paste it!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'll be there, I will be a zombie from 2+ days of driving from Tampa FL,

so when i get there im gonna register then go back to sleep. LOL first time in vegas who sleeps right?

then I have to muster up the energy to wash and detail it as its probably gonna have half the bugs from every state on the front end of it. LOL. but looking forward to the long drive and the HONKS from other cars.

to bad not alot of girls honk if you know what I mean. dude magnet, the one thing I dont like about the NSX HaHa

Back