• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My inaugural message on NSX Prime

I've been lurking on this board for several months, researching and learning about the fabulous NSX. In large part due to the great information on this board, I pulled the trigger, and should get my new NSX on Sunday. The excitement is really beginning to build. I found a brand new 2004 (50 miles) Silver over black auto. Unfortunately, an auto is necessary in Houston's infamous traffic. In a manual, I suspect that I would burn the clutch up about every 6 months in this godforsaken traffic. I look forward to being a regular here at NSX Prime. And thank's for all the interesting and helpful information. It's obvious that an NSX owner is never alone.

As an involved member here as well as in the nsxca,you are never alone :smile: Have you ever driven a 6 speed nsx,or have you had a manual car before in Houston?The performance difference between an auto and the 3.2 6 speeds are significant,but I trust you enjoy the other myriad pleasures the nsx provides even in auto trim :smile:

Welcome to the community indeed. Also, consider yourself one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to worry about burning their clutch during 1 hour daily rush hour traffics if you intend to use it as a daily driver.

Some of us are resigned to schedule our driving based on the daily traffic flow :wink:

Congrats. I'm sure you'll love it. If I were to have an NSX as a daily driver, I'd probably have an auto as well. I drove my car today throught the Houston traffic this morning AND this afternoon. I'll be limping the rest of the weekend. :biggrin:

Congrats from a fellow Texan. Unfortunately, u are right. A DD in houston should be a Automatic.

The traffic/congestion is part of the reason why in live in East Texas.

See ya around.

Congratulations and welcome to the cult.

Hope to see you at NSXPO!

Congrats!! You chose the best color!! As a fellow Silverstone NSXer, I welcome you to the club!! Hope you come to the NSXPO.

Congratulations !
Add another Nsx to the Houston area !
What side of town do you live in ?

Hope to see you at some of the events in the Houston area !

Bring it on over to Texas World Speedway this weekend and meet several other Texas NSXer's. Congrats.

S.L.

Welcome to the club!

We have quite a few NSX's around town. Hope you can make it out to the next gathering.

V12NSX said:
Bring it on over to Texas World Speedway this weekend and meet several other Texas NSXer's. Congrats.

S.L.
Where is this track?and who's coming?

Sloppy Footwork

TexNSX said:
Unfortunately, an auto is necessary in Houston's infamous traffic. In a manual, I suspect that I would burn the clutch up about every 6 months in this godforsaken traffic.

A terribly incorrect statement. :mad: :mad: I have been with a five speed NSX in Houston as my daily driver since October 1997, with ZERO clutch problems related to stop-n-go traffic. Perhaps, you should drop by and I can teach you the proper heel-toe technique to save your clutch. PLEASE don't tell me you use your clutch as a "hill brake". :mad: :mad:

Re: Sloppy Footwork

AndyVecsey said:
A terribly incorrect statement. :mad: :mad: I have been with a five speed NSX in Houston as my daily driver since October 1997, with ZERO clutch problems related to stop-n-go traffic. Perhaps, you should drop by and I can teach you the proper heel-toe technique to save your clutch. PLEASE don't tell me you use your clutch as a "hill brake". :mad: :mad:

It's not the wear and tear on the clutch for me, it's the additional effort. :biggrin:

Then again, I could just be a lazy f***er.

I live on the west side just inside Highway 6 and off Briarforest--not far from Eagle Acura (though I got my NSX from Greenwich Acura). My son and I will look forward to NSX gatherings in the Houston area.

TexNSX said:
I live on the west side just inside Highway 6 and off Briarforest--not far from Eagle Acura (though I got my NSX from Greenwich Acura). My son and I will look forward to NSX gatherings in the Houston area.

Wow, your really close to me !
I live near Kirkwood and Westheimer and am in your area often.

Texas91Brent said:
Where is this track?and who's coming?

Brent, are you asking for yourself or for our new guy? TWS is in College Station. Usually, Chris C., Vaughn D., Ojas, and myself are there. Rides with instructors are available if you want. Also, the owner let us know today that there openings in every category this time if you would like to participate.

S.L.

Hey .. Sounds like you're very close to where I live. I also live very near to John Eagle Acura, a little east of Hwy 6 from there.
Where do you live ??
Maybe we can do a 'mini Hwy 6 NSX gathering' sometimes, Z (NSX FoYoAss) is not far away to the south. :biggrin:

Cheers .. Gus

Wecome to the world of auto NSX driving. My 98 spa yellow is an automatic and I have enjoyed it. While I will admit that I would rather have a manual for the performance my wife can't drive a manual and I have to make her happy to.

TexNSX said:

Ahhh, don't mid Andrew - he can be an angry young fella at times ! :rolleyes: :wink:

Back