• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Leatherseat.com install (picture heavy!)

Honcho, is this the Italian or the standard leather and what's the color name?

Standard- leather fronts and vinyl backs. Color is "Bone", which I found to be the best match to the factory Ivory. Still looking great after 3 years of daily driving.

Do you guys feel more of the cushion with the new seat covers?

I sat in one with leatherseats.com and noticed that that seats felt more cushioned. Wasn't sure if the OEM leather was pulled "tighter" or if the leatherseats.com just gave a little more leather to allow more "give".

Do you guys feel more of the cushion with the new seat covers?

I sat in one with leatherseats.com and noticed that that seats felt more cushioned. Wasn't sure if the OEM leather was pulled "tighter" or if the leatherseats.com just gave a little more leather to allow more "give".

There is a thin foam layer sewn into the covers under the leather. Maybe that's it? I didn't notice much difference on mine.

The new leather is much more supple than the old was, that's for sure.

So, my seats went back in last Sunday.
DSC_4599.jpg

And then I spent many hours recovering the door inserts. Finally got them back in today.
DSC_4668.jpg

This was much more difficult than I thought it would be. I spent more time on the inserts than I did on the seats, and I'm not 100% happy with the results. It looks good enough, but not perfect, and the color isn't the same as the vinyl at the bottom of the door. I believe I may get some vinyl dye and color the bottom of the doors black. Also, not knowing exactly how they connected, I broke the plastic clips that hold the armrests in place. I used white glue to put them back, and I think that will work, but I'm not happy that I broke those clips. :(

Still to do, recover the palm rests on each door sill. I'm going to make them black but need a new plastic under piece for the driver's door. The old one is broken pretty badly.

All in all, my interior is vastly improved from this time 10 days ago, and wow does it smell nice!

Last edited:
I just received my full-leather ivory seat covers from LeatherSeats.com. The over-the-phone ordering process was easy and quick. The expected 6-8 week wait was exactly 6 weeks (and that included Christmas and the New Year break). To say I am very pleased with the overall quality is an understatement. The leather is beautiful and feels like my wife's 2014 MDX leather seats. Fitment is spectacular and I especially like the look of the perforated seat sections. I highly recommend using LeatherSeats.com for your NSX interior updates.

I just did my install - I found an alternate for the black push pins for installation.
They are Hillman 881204 - I found them at a True Value hardware store in the section of little pull drawers of fasteners, Lowes and Fleet Farm.
About $0.80 v ~$3 from Acura - and easier to get.

Back