• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My New 98 NSX

Well my 98 spa yellow nsx was delivered today and it was even nicer than I expected,its got 58k miles on it but body & paint are perfect with the exception of 1 very small stone chip,interior is exellent seat bolster shows no wear,car has comptech exhaust & cabonfiber cold air box,its got koni shocks & eibach springs which lower it about 1" I put my Volk raceing AV3 rims & tires on it that I kept off of my 91, it was nice having it show up quite a bit nicer than I expected I bought it sight unseen as it was in FL and I'm in CA I was told if you didn't know the milage you would think it had less than 20 k miles on it and that was more than true,I want to Thank everyone who looked at cars for me, Ihad cars looked at in WA,So CA, MASS,OR & FL if anyone ever needs a car looked at in the SF Bay Area let me know as I consider myself good at looking at cars and I'm a very picky owner,last but not least I want to Thank NSX Prime for this forum as I sold my 91 and found my 98 on this site,SO THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED. Doug

Doug,

Congratulations! Good to hear you went through with the deal. Us Californians are trying to collect all the Spa Yellows into one state!
wink.gif
I actually prefer a car with higher mileage so that I don't always worry about putting miles on my car. The 97+ feels much faster than the older cars in my opinion. I have been driving around a low mileage 91 recently and it is a dog compared to the 97 even with the Targa and its added weight. I was actually pretty disappointed with the performance of the 91. How do you feel the car compares to your 91? Have fun with the new car!

Chris

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 18 May 2002).]

Hi Doug,

Congratulations! I hope the '98 meets with all your highest expectations. And I say that while keeping in mind how well you took care of your '91, so that you were giving up a car that was so well maintained for a car that was new to you. Best of luck with the new one!

I can feel the extra power but I think the gears are the biggest help,I wouldn't spend the $ for the comptech cold air box but it sure sounds neat,that makes it sound faster
wink.gif
I wish the T was as stiff as my coupe I'll have to get used to the cowl shake,the koni's are set on full firm so I'm going to try different settings to see what I like best.

I bought Doug's red/blk '91, and will testify to how well he maintains his cars. It had 36k on it, and was almost flawless. Glad Doug got his 'yellow'.

Hi Dave so now I know who you are when you post, Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you really like your new my old NSX,we'll hook up soon,talked to Comptech today and ordered new uni filter and oil & cleaner,we need to go up there to visit. Doug

Congratulations Doug,

Hope the car gives you years of enjoyment!

Chris Wong and I checked a 97 Yellow for you down in SoCal a couple months ago, and we talked briefly over the phone.

Good to hear that you find one finally.

Ray

Hi Ray you and Chris were some of the people I was thanking in my first post,it took several mo's but I found the right car at the right price.So Thank You agin, Doug

Big Congratulations,
Maybe we will come across one another,
I drive over in Napa Valley a lot, I rarely see any other NSX's though. Maybe we met once before, I had met one owner last year, he put his car in a car show in Yountville, I'm sorry but I can't remember his name.
Enjoy your new car
smile.gif

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

Hi Joseph that was me in the 91 red/black nsx if I remember correctly you had just got your car from WA. My 98 will be in the car show at the Vintage 1870 in Yountville on Fathers day 6/16/02 this will be my 11th year I've had a car in the event its fun and it's free come on over.Doug

Back