• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new app is finally on the Apple App Store

I have a friend who has developed several iOS apps and he said the Stanford tutorials are extremely good and give great tips some of which he had unfortunately learned the hard way. I have not seen them myself yet.

If you are familiar with basic object oriented language concepts and basically any programming language (Javascript, for example if you are a web developer), then I think the book would work for you. As an HTML/CSS person, you are already accustomed to using objects, like XML/JSON DOMs. Perhaps the only additional concept to learn is memory management.

I just checked the intro of the book, it suggests that if you don't know C or Obj-C, then the book "Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide" would help you get started.

Ok I will look into it thank you. I may just start up the stanford lectures again simply because it will force me to work at a specific pace.

Back