• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new to me toy... an M5

JAM

Contributing Member
I told myself I wouldn't buy another car until the HSC comes out ... that I should invest any extra money I have. THEN I drove a friends M5 a few weeks ago. I bought my '01 Thursday! These cars are everything the magazines said and more. I grin like the village idiot every time I drive it ... and when you turn on the sport mode and off the traction this car is an absolute animal!
<p>
myM51.jpg
:D
myM52.jpg
myM53.jpg
myM54.jpg
<p>
Mods are already on order... Dinan Air Intakes and Exhaust, AC Schnitzer accessories, and a new clutch/flywheel kit.

JAM - beautiful M5!

I am actually looking at one exactly like yours now - it is a 2000 Anthracite with 34k miles, navi, phone, clearcoat bra, everything...I'm just concerned because the warranty expired in December 2003.

Can I ask what you paid? You can PM me if you'd like - I just want to see if the price I'm considering is in the ballpark.

Congrats!

Todd

Congrats! The BMW M models are a blast to drive. I bought a new M3 couple of weeks ago and have been looking like this lately-> :D

I actually wanted to post a pic of my 02 but the pics seem to be on my home computer. I recently sol it but it was Carbon Black on Black. Luxury Pack, M audio.

KW coilovers and Home Depot sink drains! for the brake cooling ducts. (do a search on the M5 forum and you'll know what i mean!)

Attachments

• m5avatar.bmp
    25.3 KB · Views: 104
O-Ace... your M3 is beautiful! I bought my fiance one used in the fall and she is so in love with that car that it sometimes worries me(what have I created) !

Sweet car Ace. I will be buying a M3 in Phoenix Yellow in the next year or two. The M5 is a monster I love that car but WOW what a huge price tag for a new one. I am not sure I would buy a used M5 without a warranty.

Thanks guys :) Here are a few of more pics. I will take some nicer pics once the weather gets better in Chicago.

m3rear.jpg

m3inside.jpg

m3_1.jpg

steveny said:
Especially the 01 or newer. To me they look as though they are alive and breathing.... Like they have a soul.

Yeah...I participated in the 2 Day M5 Precision Driving Experience last year and was VERY close to trading in my '94 NSX on an M5. That thing is a BEAST!! So much power that the car can be sent power sliding through corners at almost any speeds it seems like. Very impressive.

NSXmadness said:
Nice cars guys. Congrats!

I would also like to buy a M5 in the next couple of years; I think it's the ultimate sedan and would compliment the NSX nicely.

My M5 purchase might be put off a bit...I want to get my fiance an M Coupe (she loves the 'shoe', as she calls it), and need to buy a house with a big garage, so that will probably tie up my M5 cash. Oh well, I guess I will be forced to drive the NSX's more. :D

Please...do not cry for me....LOL!! ;)

O-Ace said:
Congrats! The BMW M models are a blast to drive. I bought a new M3 couple of weeks ago and have been looking like this lately-> :D

Hey O-Ace, didn't you buy a 911 TT ?

and I love the BMW's but the weight and reliability makes them more of a luxury car then a sports car. So ill keep dreaming of an NSX.

NsXMas said:
How does the BMW M3 and M5 compare to an NSX? I talked to a BMW dealer in Scottsdale last weekend, and might test drive an M5 shortly.

But I still need an NSX.

Unless you are ready to buy an M5 do not test drive one. After you drive one you will have to have it, you won't care what the cost is.
First born son? That will be fine. I will drop him off later today, just give me the "fix" eh I meant car.

steveny said:
Unless you are ready to buy an M5 do not test drive one. After you drive one you will have to have it, you won't care what the cost is.

Funny you say that - I've been resisting the temptation with all my might for 3 weeks, ever since I drove one. I'm afraid of what I might do at lunch today.....:D

spartan2-3 said:
O-Ace,

What part of Chicago are you from? I almost bought a House in the Carol Stream area last month.

Nice "M" by the way :cool:
Hi...I'm in Glenview.

-Awais

cmhs75 said:
Hey O-Ace, didn't you buy a 911 TT ?

and I love the BMW's but the weight and reliability makes them more of a luxury car then a sports car. So ill keep dreaming of an NSX.
Almost bought one. I really love the 911TT and I think that will be my next car, but at the moment, it made more sense to get the M3. Once I have more garage space, I'll look into the Turbo. The weight on the M3 isn't really bad at all. I think it weighs the same as my C5 or maybe even a little less.

-Awais

JAM,

Congrats on joining the M5 family. I have a silver 02 and have posted many comments on how awesome the car is. I put snow shoes on her this year and she handled great. This car is probably one of the best ever-it can do what a sportscar does and yet still be practical as a daily driver/kid hauler/Costco runs, etc... I hardly drive my NSX since I got it. In fact thinking of selling it since I have a deposit in for the new 500hp beast out next year.

I tell everyone the same thing, every time I drive it, I have a huge grin on my face!!

Zman said:
JAM,

Congrats on joining the M5 family. I have a silver 02 and have posted many comments on how awesome the car is. I put snow shoes on her this year and she handled great. This car is probably one of the best ever-it can do what a sportscar does and yet still be practical as a daily driver/kid hauler/Costco runs, etc... I hardly drive my NSX since I got it. In fact thinking of selling it since I have a deposit in for the new 500hp beast out next year.

I tell everyone the same thing, every time I drive it, I have a huge grin on my face!!

Zman - yeah, yeah, yeah...whatever. We have good memories, you know, and we all know why you have a huge grin on your face (it ain't the M5!)

Now quit screwing around and post more pics of your wife!!!! :D

steveny said:
First born son? That will be fine. I will drop him off later today, just give me the "fix" eh I meant car.

Sadly, that is damn near true. When I first got out of the M5 I looked at my NSX and was like, 'Mmmmmmm..maybe I should trade it,' and almost did....it was close. ;)

LeftLane said:
JAM - beautiful M5!

I am actually looking at one exactly like yours now - it is a 2000 Anthracite with 34k miles, navi, phone, clearcoat bra, everything...I'm just concerned because the warranty expired in December 2003.

Todd

Todd,

I have a 2001 Titanium Silver and if you buy CPO, the warranty extends out until 100k. That and you can buy a maintenance warranty that covers everything from brakes, to a clutch, to oil changes to windshield wipers! You should take a look into it! Ask me how I know . . .

BTW, take a look at http://www.bmwm5.com/ great board and will remind you of NSXPrime. I have certainly found a home there.

Kevin

Sweet ride, I was close to getting an M5 before settling on the E55, they are tight for sure, and your's looks great :D

Back