• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX was stolen right out of my driveway: Black '95 JH4NA1187ST00235

What a crappy feeling - I walk out the front door this morning, and my 1995 NSX is GONE! From right in my own driveway when I was sleeping.

FYI, the VIN was JH4NA1187ST00235.

At least I was fully insured. But damn, I thought I lived in a safe neighborhood.

Re: My NSX was stolen right out of my driveway

Sorry to hear it. What does the police say about this? Any chance of recovery?

Sorry about your loss. Why don't you post a description of your car in the Southern California thread?

That really does suck. Would be interested to know how your insurance settles the replacement cost and which company you use.

Really hate to hear this - bad in a number of ways. Hopefully someone will track it down quickly for you with no damage. I keep mine in the garage all the time, but when I do the occasional drive to work I worry all day long with it in the parking lot (despite the alarm system). Also am curious how your insurance company handles it (actual cash value versus a "stated value" policy).

Good luck. Jay

Dougman

I live in San Diego too...post pictures and plate.
Saw several NSX in Rancho Bernardo this week.

Man sorry to hear that. But I doubt the car is still in the area. I bet who ever took it drove to another state to take apart or turn into a track car. All Criminals should be shot, just my opinion.

So sorry, weird week so far for the NSX's -way to many "situations" in one week- .... I hope your insurance company comes forward and honors your policy :( ... good luck!

Oscar

i hope you get your car back to you safe and sound. i worry about my car everyday too, sometimes you just can't help it. if someone wants your car they're gonna get it one way or another.

i hate car thieves.

Best wishes man.

To all those that still have your NSX, it would be wise to get LOJACK, they guarantee your car back with in hours. its the only car recovery system used by ALL USA police, heres the link,, sorry to hear that, I would probably would cry.

http://www.lojack.com/

To all those that still have your NSX, it would be wise to get LOJACK, they guarantee your car back with in hours. its the only car recovery system used by ALL USA police, heres the link,, sorry to hear that, I would probably would cry.

http://www.lojack.com/

Its good if you know they took your car right away but when they have a hour head start or more it could be out of the signal range

That stinks! Sorry about the loss, what about a quick release with locking hub? Does this help any more than lojack or are these both easily beat by thieves? Hope you find the car soon and in good condition...

The chance of finding it is low. 1. The car might be over the other side of the border already if you say you live in San Diego. 2. If they find it, there will be nothing left on the car. I am sorry to hear about the loss.

Last edited:

Its good if you know they took your car right away but when they have a hour head start or more it could be out of the signal range

Also they know what they're doing they will find it and rip it out in a few hours. It was once discussed in the M5 forum. The M5 owner reported it stolen 6 hours after it happened. (he got home drunk at 2am, parked outside, and found it stolen around 8 or 9am.) The BMW assist located the car not too far away, and dispatched 2 police cars and 1 helicopter. They found the device in a parking lot, and no sign of the car. There was another M3 owner had lojack system installed, and I am pretty sure he lives in San Diego as well. He reported his M3 stolen an hour after it happened. Policed located it not too long after that, and it had already cross the Mexican border...... Personally, I think parking the car in the garage would help more than the lojack.

Low Jack is excellent however, the border is just minutes from San Diego.
Another factor, some torwing company in San Diego/LA are used by them LOWLIFE THIEVES. I love San Diego but I aint coming back without garages for all my cars. Two of my integra got stolen and my buddys CTR Turbo with all kinds of goodies got stolen from our driveways in San Diego. Mine was the 128th car stolen the night it disappeared. Funny thing was his ride got an alarm, pedal lock, and a quick disconnect. When we found it, the pedal lock was still there and the steering wheel cap lock was still on the car, everythings else was gone. After that event, I bought a gloc and a samurai sword. I will get one of them one day and cut their heads off... LOL:biggrin:

Im sorry to hear someone stole your NSX. Its really weird the last month or two about 4 of 5 NSXs got stolen and they were all members here. The only comforting thing I can think to say is all the members got their cars back. I hope the same for you also. Good Luck.

Interesting they would steal an nsx. I would expect less conspicuous cars would be easier to sell and hide or part out. We are a very small community.

That close to the border I suspect it is now the personal car of a Federale according to a report I saw on 60 minutes or Nightline a while back.

Fingers crossed that you get it back in one piece.

I am sorry for your loss; that makes me wonder. I have mine in my carport. Now i'm nervous. I live in a decent part of town but you just never know. All the best - hope you get it back!

Sorry to hear. I doubt it's across the border but I can be wrong. Most likely being stripped in someones garage or taken on a joy ride. I hope you get it back in one piece.

Well guys keep your eyes open for stuff on e-bay,, and stuff for sale here on prime, what color was the NSX that was stolen? Man I would cry, But thats why I have Full coverage, yea I pay out the ass but it makes sense to. and Lojack makes me feel better, even if it does or doesnt work.

Last edited:
Back