• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My own car design!

Well I was reminded about my old sketch when I saw a fellow members design in the next that were pretty cool (although I seemed to unintentionally disrespected him so I showed some respect by moving it to the off topic section). So I decided to revive my project again and maybe continue on what I originally started. I had pictures of my old 3d models but removed them because I think that is the reason people are only looking but not replying because they see crappy 3D model and well skip thread after they see the first image.

I actually have one that I've been "sketching/doodling" it again in during classes and about would be cool if the future nsx looked like it but I doubt it....I've adjusted my old model to one now which have styling cues of NSX-R and JGTC NSX and a little more modern look to it. I'm a post them to up share with you guys.... if anything its something I will create in the future, for my own pleasure, once I get enough knowledge to engineer it properly. :) I'll try to make a 3D model of it since now here in my University I'm currently taking an intro to Solid works... pretty awesome software may I add.... and I'll post it up once I get things made lol. Wish me luck.

My final Sketch showing a more real perspective of the car. UPDATE: Just sketched the rear design... you'll find some NSX styling :D.
BothSketches.jpg

My initial redone sketches based off my old ideas.
Sketch1.jpg

Sketch2.jpg

Last edited:
It would be nice for some feedback positive or negative doesn't really matter to me...let me know what you guys think. I know my older thread was at least a bit more lively than this one. :(

I like the sideview hand sketch.

Yeah a couple of my friends who I have shown this to are saying the same thing... to me although I didn't intend it to look that way it feels like it the rear is a mix of a Carrera GT, Testarossa, with HSC roof, and well I don't know what car has a front like that so I say thats its own original look. So far only 3 out of what like 200 people that have looked at it say they like something about it... I guess that not a good thing lol.

The split front end is interesting but it doesn't appear you left much room for the front suspension or to allow for front impacts.

Definitely learn a 3D modelling program and turn it into 3D. You'll see things you won't see on paper. Learn how to make concepts that can actually be made and you'll be ahead of a lot of people.

The split front end is interesting but it doesn't appear you left much room for the front suspension or to allow for front impacts.

Definitely learn a 3D modeling program and turn it into 3D. You'll see things you won't see on paper. Learn how to make concepts that can actually be made and you'll be ahead of a lot of people.

Yeah I know what you mean but I'm currently thinking about that at the moment... I'm thinking this car's suspension isn't gonna be set up like most cars if anything it may be having a suspension similar to that of a F1 car where the suspension is pretty level to the center of the front wheels. I'll see if I can make it work if not I might have to redesign the front but would prefer to keep it as is.

Luckily I can get input from a another soon to be mechanical engineer who is currently working on the suspension of a Formula SAE cart. He could probably give me some more insight on this suspension setup.

Thats interesting doesn't look as good as I thought it would although the front spoiler doesn't really look like part of the body more like something they stuck in for extra downforce... I don't know I'll see.

Well I think I'm going to start working on the 3D model tomorrow... I am about to reinstall xp on my computer. Currently have vista and can't get SolidWorks2007 to run on it :(.

Back