• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Pioneer Stereo System Install (Pics)

I don't have a question, just wanted to share pics of my install. Thanks to Dave for a great job on the install and replacing my evaporator (which required dash removal and spurred the stereo and carpet).

Parts installed:
Pioneer F700BT Nav/DVD head unit
Pioneer HD Radio Antenna
Pioneer Component 6.75" speakers w/ tweeters and crossovers
Pioneeer GMD9500F 4 Channel Amp
Rockford Fosgate 4 gage wiring kit
Dynamat Extreme Lightweight
Modified OEM console, maybe replacing with SOS though
SOS door panels
SOS stereo brackets and wiring harness
Zetoolman v3 sub box
Earthquake SWS-10 shallow sub

securedownload by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

securedownload by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

IMG_3342 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

IMG_3343 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

IMG_3345 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

IMG_3347 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

IMG_3351 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

The sound is incredible- clear, powerful, able to reproduce wide range of frequencies, tunable to a huge degree for a tailored experience, etc. I can't believe what a POS the bose system is in comparison, now I know why everyone says that. The cost and complexity was still there for full replacement, but a tremendous value considering the level of equipment and quality. In the end, the driving experience is much more enjoyable as a result and it looks 100% stock except the head unit.

Last edited:
Congrats! The final picture looks awesome .. although the install pictures with the dash out look frightening.

Where did you wind up putting the amp? Did you use any of the factory wiring to the doors?

Congrats! The final picture looks awesome .. although the install pictures with the dash out look frightening.

Where did you wind up putting the amp? Did you use any of the factory wiring to the doors?

Thanks, I was frightened too when I saw my whole interior removed. Damn evaporator was going out though and it was the right time to do the other stuff while it was all apart. I think Dave ran all new wiring for all the speakers, if he sees this thread he can confirm or I will just ask him.

Nice work! Interesting steering wheel is that an RSX-S one?

Yup yup, see my how to thread in the DIY forum if you want to see all the work that went into it ;)

Looks sweet, I just did the same but with jlaudio to complete the pioneer system and boy does the system sound sweet. I now need a red carpet like yours and were twins.

Thanks guys, I am very happy w it. I just need to get some red floormats now to complete the transformation.

Dave knows the car really well, it was at that stage within like 2 hours of giving it to him! Just wait until your evaporators go out fellas... It will happen eventually (unfortunately). I am so glad we have Dave down here, he has been a huge asset to our local community.

im assuming the rsx steering wheel came equipped with all pieces for an ez install?

What are your impressions on the Dynamat Lightweight product? Does it practically replace the factory plastic lining or did you just choose to leave it out? I'm not too familiar with this product - only hearing about it - so excuse my newbie question.

Thanks

Back