• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My sos twin turbos

Ok I am not very good at putting things down on paper. But I just wanted to give you all my impressions of my installed twins.

I had them installed about 1 1/2 months ago. Had a couple of issues. One was the exhaust. Mark with Pride got that fixed. The other was some tuning. The car and I live in NM. The altitude shows to be 5000 feet but our DA can be has high as 7400 feet. We have a competent local tuner who has now tuned 3 NSXs with great success.

This set up is AMAZING!!! I am making 380 HP and 325 torque. Chris and all the folks at SOS do so much for us. Thank you!!

This car is FAST. The power is so smooth. No lag. Just balls to the walls fun.
Every one who has seen heard or been in the car just smile. The set up is super clean. I went with the AEM series two with the sideband hugo sensors.
Again Thanks to SOS for doing what you do. Cant wait for a stage one to complment the Twins.

On a 3.2 they can. I want to play it safe on mine. The 3.0 head gaskets are not set up to take that HP. Also I am only running 5 pounds of boost. When I go to the stage one build Chris said 500 HP will be no problem. Also even though the turbos compensate for the thin air there is a drop in power.

One more thing. I did this at 143K. Did't touch any internals. Can't say enough about the Honda motors.

At the wheels. With about a 15 % drivetrain loss that would be around 447 at the crank.

Ok I am not very good at putting things down on paper. But I just wanted to give you all my impressions of my installed twins.

I had them installed about 1 1/2 months ago. Had a couple of issues. One was the exhaust. Mark with Pride got that fixed. The other was some tuning. The car and I live in NM. The altitude shows to be 5000 feet but our DA can be has high as 7400 feet. We have a competent local tuner who has now tuned 3 NSXs with great success.

This set up is AMAZING!!! I am making 380 HP and 325 torque. Chris and all the folks at SOS do so much for us. Thank you!!

This car is FAST. The power is so smooth. No lag. Just balls to the walls fun.
Every one who has seen heard or been in the car just smile. The set up is super clean. I went with the AEM series two with the sideband hugo sensors.
Again Thanks to SOS for doing what you do. Cant wait for a stage one to complment the Twins.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it!

I thought SOS twin turbo was suppose to make 400-450hp to the wheels? Torque sounds good :smile:

The system is capable of 800+ whp.

Wheel horsepower power gain on factory engine is around 160-170 hp (3.0L baselines around 220 whp, and 3.2L around 240 whp). Power gain is also dependent on exhaust used. This installation was with a Pride exhaust - which although sounds great, is relatively more restrictive than other options due to tubing diameter and bends.

-- Chris

That's what I love about a turbo system. The torque of the turbo at 5psi is vastly superior to a low boost sc. Since the system runs smaller turbo's that build boost way low down, the sc no longer has the torque advantage. Finally, if the OP wants to crack 400hp, a simple retune to about 7psi can get you there without any other mods.

PS, damn nice torque on 5psi. Sounds like your tuner knows his onions.

Last edited:
Back