• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My thoughts..... now that I sold my NSX.

NSXphotos003.jpg

Well, I never thought I’d sell her, but I did. This is the 2nd NSX I’ve owned. My first one was a 1995 NSXT. For those of you who remember, this particular 1997 NSX had some serious body kit and stereo customization done to it. I had this car just perfect the way I wanted it and on a whim, put it up for sale.

I didn’t think anybody would be really interested in buying an NSX during the winter time. But, lo and behold, a guy from Idaho who races airplanes calls and says he wants my car. Before I knew what was happening, I had agreed on a price and had a fed-ex’d certified check in my hands and a covered truck hauling away my baby.

And, just like that, she’s gone. Now, if I sound sad that I sold her, you’re damn right. That’s the way I am when I sell any of my cars, but this one in particular I was very attached to. The obvious question here is “Well, why did you even sell it?”

No good answer to that. I think a few of you can relate to this vicious inner cycle. I don’t drive the car very much, say once in 3 to 4 weeks. During that time, I start thinking about selling the car for extra money and or putting it towards the purchase of a different car. Once I actually drive my NSX, I usually perish any thoughts of selling it.

Well, it was during one of the spells of “non driving” that I listed her for sale, and bang, she was sold.

I had always told myself if I ever sold this NSX, my next car would have to be really, really fast. Ultimately, I did buy another car that has 493 HP and 516 lbs. of torque.
I love my new car and it certainly did cheer me up a bit. However, it still doesn’t fill the shoes of my NSX.

I’ll tell you a few things I’ve noticed about my NSX now since I don’t have it anymore.

1. My NSX was fun to drive at ANY speed. Slow or fast, that car always made you feel like you were a F1 driver.

2. Hands down, no car I’ve owned has turned as many heads as my NSX did. Even though I didn’t buy it specifically for this reason, driving the NSX was the closest thing I’ve experienced to being a celebrity.

3. I love the NSX and am addicted to prime. I know I will still continue to visit this board many times a day. I also know that I will be buying my 3rd NSX in the future. I’ve already been eyeing the NSX Marketplace for a 2002+ widebody conversions.

Of all the cars I've had over the years, the NSX has been the most fun and rewarding car to own. There isn't even a close 2nd place.

Dan

Last edited:
Oops! I had accidently left that line out of my original post when I had edited it.

I bought an AMG SL55. Black, with black interior and 20" Lowenhart rims.

I third that !!! (Gotta be one of the best looking nsx i have seen ..period )

If i had more accessible funds, i would have bought it as well.

I dont know what it is about the nsx, that brings so much attachment.. I owned a rolls royce silver spur, a customized mercedes s500 etc..etc...and sold them with no regrets..but when it came to the nsx...one starts feeling regret before even the sale deal is finalized.

I am sure many nsxers felt the same way, when they sold their baby..

I am sure the new guy will take care of it , like you did

:)

docdan said:
Oops! I had accidently left that line out of my original post when I had edited it.

I bought an AMG SL55. Black, with black interior and 20" Lowenhart rims.

Ok ..i just read your post about your new car, after i posted mine...

That is a super nice car.. one of my favorite cars..it should help you heal faster :wink:

wt.....thats even more insane! thats my favorite model from Benz. it looks so good in black! i hope you got it in Black! :biggrin:

chytaan said:
I dont know what it is about the nsx, that brings so much attachment.. I owned a rolls royce silver spur, a customized mercedes s500 etc..etc...and sold them with no regrets

:)

Ha I used to work at an English car shop and everytime a Rolls owner sold they jumped for joy!!

I believe you are referring to my NSX w/ the CTSC (not sold...better still be in the garage as well :biggrin: )

I have a very similar body kit but with a widebody front/rear, single scoop hood, no front sidemarker lights, and single piece Bridgestone gunmetal prodrive wheels. I just did new Defi gauges, pedals, and other interior accents.

Jeff

Dan, I enjoyed our interaction - sad to see your car go, you put such a lot into it, more than just money!
I was really surprised to see this post - can't say disappointed because that's neither my right nor a true expression of my emotion. Just truly sad to lose another of the good ones - guys that is, the car will live on in the hands of its new owner.
Enjoy your new wheels but don't be a stranger. This forum is about love of the marque & the social acquaintance borne from it (whether formally, face to face or "merely" through the medium) ; ownership (or not) at any given time is not a pre-requisite to participate.
I hope to see you continue to stick with us & maybe even come back to the ownership fold one day.
Good luck & good fortune Doc!

D'Ecosse said:
Dan, I enjoyed our interaction - sad to see your car go, you put such a lot into it, more than just money!
I was really surprised to see this post - can't say disappointed because that's neither my right nor a true expression of my emotion. Just truly sad to lose another of the good ones - guys that is, the car will live on in the hands of its new owner.
Enjoy your new wheels but don't be a stranger. This forum is about love of the marque & the social acquaintance borne from it (whether formally, face to face or "merely" through the medium) ; ownership (or not) at any given time is not a pre-requisite to participate.
I hope to see you continue to stick with us & maybe even come back to the ownership fold one day.
Good luck & good fortune Doc!

Ken,

It's posts like yours and the one's above that make this forum what it is. Thanks for the kind words. I plan on sticking around. I figure after owning 2 NSX's and spending half a year and a small fortune customizing one, I may be able to contribute meaningfully to someone's else's experience.

The new owner seems to be a really cool guy. He understands that that car was and still is my baby. He vowed to take good care of it and I believe him. After talking with him over the past few weeks, I realize he is very similar to me as far as how he takes car of his cars, motorcycles, and planes (sheesh!).
The fact that the new owner will take care of her and cherish her the way I did, did make selling her a little easier.

Once again, thanks for the kind words. I'll definitely be sticking around and don't rule me out on a 3rd NSX!

What is it, in your opinion, about the SL55 that falls short of the NSX? I've only had a brief ride in one, but 516 lbs. of torque really sent my heart into my throat! Very nice cornering too.

Back