• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My thoughts of the Science Speed Supercharger and Laminova Intercooler

Hi everyone!! I finally got my Science of Speed Supercharger and Intercooler installed. First it was a difficult decision on what Supercharger to buy for my 05 Targa. I drove a Comptech SC before but was not really satisified with the little short lag. With many people telling me about the problems with Turbos, I finally decided to go with SOS. Mostly I think the NSXPRIMErs’ tremendous reviews of Chris and SOS convinced me. Of course, the Intercooler system by SOS sparkled my eyes too.
I must say it was a difficult decision to invest this kind of money on a car but wow, it was worth it!! I truely own a monster now!!! When the parts all finally arrived, my local Motor shop “Sonic Racing” installed and tuned it perfectly. I think I got about 395 on Dynojet which is lower than DynoPack. I must say, the sound of the SC sounded beautifully.
The installations of SC, Laminova Intercooler, Comptech headers, and GTLW exhaust created a great combination of raw instant powers and sound. When I picked up my car after installing, the instant throttle surprised me! What a great difference than the Comptech SC I used to drive! Chris was not kidding! There was instant power from 1<SUP>st</SUP> gear with no sign of any lag and geared up smoothly.
Where I live in Honolulu, there are really not much roads where I can open up and enjoy my new monster. Honestly, this is a little too much powers for me driving in the city. I was first afraid that the whole setup might be making too much noises so I bought the Silencers as well. Turned out, the SOS SC is a lot quieter than Comptech but makes that cool devil like breathing noise at idle. Just turns head when people pull up next to me.
Honest to me, this SC was like driving a dream machine. I wonder why NSX did not come like this. Now, this car actually run like it looks. I am not really complaining about the stock NSX but it did run a little slower than it looks. From 1 to 10, I will have to give this thing a total 10. I really feel flawless about this SC. Now, I really love my car. I just wish we have some roads or tracks to be able to fully enjoy this babe.
And, all these guys at Science of Speed are fabulous. Chris must be a great boss running the company with such great services!!! Kind of remind me of the customer services when I was living in Japan. Any questions are answer instantly any tech problems are resolved right away. All the stuffs that ordered are packed and shipped accordingly. Everything was very prompt.
Well, everyone I delt with on the NSXPRIME are great except for Scorp965. I don’t want to mention it too much just yet because I still believe that he is still gonna ship out my replacement after 4 months. I never met a guy that does so much business on the site and never answer any emails. Just such a shame to this NSX family.
Anyways, Chris and the team are just great. I want to thank Chris, Bryan, and Jeff for all the supports that they have giving me. I just wish SOS have more stuffs so I don’t have to order from anyone else!! Well, they do have lots of stuffs, thou.
For all you thinking about getting a new SC, this is the one. gThe Science of Speed Supercharger with Laminova Intercooler really create great power, reliability, and just lots of fun to drive. As days goes on, I will continue to update everyone on this SC and Intercooler system.

Last edited:
Hey great review there Tim and I can tell you are totally satisfied :)

Too bad about the member you mentioned, hopefully you'll have it sorted out. The nsx communtiy is small but very supportive of each other, but as in anywhere you're bound to have a few fringe experiences.

Enjoy your nsx to the fullest, pictures would help us all out here bro ;)

Thanks for posting. I would like to have a Lovefab turbo but am considering the Science of Speed Supercharger because it will pass my local inspection because it retains the cats and looks OEM.

How has the gas milage changed?

hey tim

i totally agree with you on SOS supercharger i have to give it a 10 also. my car producing 550+whp using sos supercharger with 3.5l done by driving ambition. thanks you Driving Ambition for doing a great job on my car. thanks you every body at SOS for all the help and support.
i brought everything for my car from them and never have any problem, great customer service and great support.

btw i also have a problem with scorp965. i hope he will send my stuff out soon after a month paying him

very nice. I am jealous. You should do a follow up review in 3 months after the newness wears off.

very nice. I am jealous. You should do a follow up review in 3 months after the newness wears off.

Well, I can give my 9 month review (SC only). I have done about 5 trackdays and a trip down the US West coast over this time period, and the SC has been near flawless. I've had to play with the tuning a bit due to it running a tad rich, and the rear window needs to be cleaned on a regular basis (since I'm not running a rear engine cover), but otherwise it's low maintenance. My original impression still stands - this is how the car should have come from the factory. Very linear power curve, very controllable power, so far no reliability issues.

Planning on installing a water/meth injection kit soon, but for the street especially, the car doesn't really need more power.

I'm very interseted in hearing feedback on the sos SC and laminova intercooler.
I have bought the sc and intercooler from sos along with a built engine and will be installing it in the near future.
looking forward to hearing more.

Back