• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My version of a 2500lb NSX....

yo Diablo, It was good meeting you and seeing your NSX in person.. man that thing is looking good! I could tell its very light!

Hey, it was good to finally run into you. Man was it hot yesterday, what a miserable drive.... Your car looked sick! Keep up the good work with the mods!

thanks bro! Oh yea I forgot you removed your AC right? haha I couldn't live without mine... Especially when I drive to Vegas every now and then.

So do you work downtown?

thanks bro! Oh yea I forgot you removed your AC right? haha I couldn't live without mine... Especially when I drive to Vegas every now and then.

So do you work downtown?

Yeah not having AC is a bitch, especially on days like today. Absolutely killer!

I don't work downtown on a daily basis but I always roll through a few times a week. I'm in Koreatown at least a few times a week for the food.....

Yeah not having AC is a bitch, especially on days like today. Absolutely killer!

I don't work downtown on a daily basis but I always roll through a few times a week. I'm in Koreatown at least a few times a week for the food.....

haha nice same here. Its either downtown or near SM which is a nice change from ktown! Let me know if you wanna grab all you can eat Korean BBQ $16! Best in Ktown :)

Wow why not remove the dash completely and just make a sheetmetal dash with gauges? While your at it strip off all the paint, polish the aluminum!!! I'd love to help with that! Have you ever ran your car at the drag track for fun? I'd like to see what she'll do now that you dropped so much weight.

just get some dry ice and a nitrous spray bar for the cabin

Wow why not remove the dash completely and just make a sheetmetal dash with gauges? While your at it strip off all the paint, polish the aluminum!!! I'd love to help with that! Have you ever ran your car at the drag track for fun? I'd like to see what she'll do now that you dropped so much weight.
i really want to be a part of this!
a polished aluminum NSX will be sweet!!!

Last edited:
How much does paint weigh?

I dont know but Im sure couple of lbs. Of course it would suck to polish the interior cuz the driver would get blinded pretty much all the time hahaha Maybe we can do a brushed finish for the interior. What do you say??? I'll be in the LA area next week for 2 or 3 days!

Final weight for any job would depend on process, number of coats, specific weight of the primer/paint/clear, etc... but nothing to really fuss over. What is it something like 9lbs for a gallon, and that's before you thin it.

Citrogen has an option for no paint job. Perhaps with the increased prevelance of composites and coatings, customer demand, etc...... future production sports cars will leave open the possibility of ordering vehicles with exposed carbon sans the paint.

Suffice to say, if you are finding that the performance of your NSX is somewhat lacking... the weight of the paint job is not likely the determining factor.

a polished aluminum NSX will be sweet!!!

If you haven't yet taken the time to get this done, I would highly recommend it. I've heard rumors that some people have skimped and gotten away with racing on the stock- shall we say, lack luster finish on the chassis, suspension, drivetrain, etc....

However, I have learned to INSIST on using ONLY polished components.

HUGE difference. :wink:

Last edited:
Back