• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My wheels status update.

Hi, some of you already knew what I ordered before.
I would just like to share the experience with you guys with the particular Vendor / Salesperson.

I order this wheel on 9/2/03. Since then I had been patiently waited for them to arrive.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22339

After my credit card had been cashed on 9/3/03, I did not ever get any email confirmation nor tracking# of the shipment. After calling the particulart sales rep. for several days. He then finally gave me the UPS Tracking# on Wednesday, 9/11/03. He promised me that the Wheels would show up before the weekend. UPS showing the shipment pick up time is on 9/10. Despite that, once again, I waited patiently over the weekends. Wheels showed up today, but I found out that there is no lug nuts nor Hub centric rings inside.

I called the guy up and demanding for the parts, his attitute is not too positive nor he agrees to pay next day air for my missing stuff. He told me he will send it out "tomorrow" with ups Ground. In other words, I could wait another 10 days for those to show up, and I still couldn't get the wheels on my car after my credit card had been charged for a month.

I'm totally disappointed with the particular Sales Rep. I worked with and lost faith in the company.

The company is Wheels Boutique Inc. in Miami, FL. and the Sales person I worked with is Charles @ ext. 204. I strongly recommend people staying away from the guy.

Ben, I know this is your company, and I did try to get hold of you but you were out at lunch at the time, I believed the situation will be handled better by you, and it's probably not fair to bad mouthing your company and reputation over here. I apologized.

However, the fact is that I had ordered the wheels from Charles because he promised me that "I'll get the wheels and the hardware in 5 business days", I did not ordered the wheels from my local Discount tire (while they offered lower price but longer wait.)
:mad: I'm very upset that he refused to ship me the hardware in the fastest time to cover the delay of the wheels, nor he even want to stick around in the office for couple minutes (so I can find if I could have the lug nuts and center rings locally).

Ben, If you can, please help me out so all the members here know who they need to go to for wheels. :) :p

Sorry for the long post, but I just need to vent... :mad:

Here's the second update for the original post.

I spoke with Ben and Charles this morning. Ben was telling me that he will next day the lug nuts to me with no problem, but he needs to order the hub centric rings for me, so it'll take a while.

Instead of telling everyone here what exactly we had been discussed, I'll keep my mouth shut on that, because as of right now, there's already 85 views, and if anybody interpret my message wrong, Ben's business is going to hurt,
and that's not what I intended.

However, I had ordered most of my aftermarket stuff from different companies, and I'm also working in a Distributing/ Trading company. I know the whole situation could be handled better. I'm sorry to say that the overall experience of this is not the best. But again, I only deal with them once and I might not be fair to them by judging them on my only experience.

Last Update: I called Charles this afternoon at 3pm Pacific time, and he informed me that he will have a UPS confirmation# (they will next day for me.) for me on the hardware I needed. I should get everything I needed by Friday.

NSXDreamer2,

Your English is fine. I can understand you perfectly.

Being able to communicate in more than one language is a true accomplishment, one which you should be proud of.

I cannot recall a single transaction involving nsx parts that went smoothly. I had to follow up on everything, wait, and wait, only to be told that it was sent, when it wasnt. Then go through the whole process again during install. I ll try to be objective as possible as I also have ordered from Wheels boutique and encountered some of the problems you have stated. My point is:

1. I would be upset too, and I believe your complaints are valid, however, not just exclusive to this particular vendor.

As a fellow NSX owner, I feel your pain and also wish vendor support was better as I can deal with a straight answer such as "oh its taking a little bit longer than we expected" as opposed to "we sent it"

When it comes down to it, my experience with Wheels boutique was no different from any other vendor, but I can say that i did get the best pricing and when the products were received, I was completely satisfied, and in Bens defense, I believe he would have resolved your issue if he were aware of the problem. Things like wheels that are customed ordered do take time, and usually the vendors are at the mercy of the suppliers. I am confident that you will get what you need and be happy when you get it. Best of luck.

like I stated, I did not try to discourage people buying anything from them. I just would like to share my experience. Yes, I'm happy with the wheels. But, like I said, I have deal with better guys. Seems to me, that, when you order parts from phone/ internet, you need to have some knowledge about shipping and the product itself.

My whole situation is that if I had been told it's going to be custom ordered and I could wait more than 30 days... I would probably not order the particular set and even go for different wheels that they have in stock.

I guessed I sound a little harsh, but for what I'm doing for living, I never Promise people when I couldn't make it. Some guys in my company would do the exact opposite, they might get lucky sometime, but most of the time, it will just backfire... and end up they look like an idoit and create troubles with all other depts. and ended up making the company lost thousands $.
( I'm talking about my company, this is not related to Wheels Boutique.)

NSXDreamer2 said:
like I stated, I did not try to discourage people buying anything from them.
Sure you did. You said:
The company is Wheels Boutique Inc. in Miami, FL. and the Sales person I worked with is Charles @ ext. 204. I strongly recommend people staying away from the guy.
As I read it you did discourage purchasing from them, and I think most people would draw the same conclusion. While you could claim you were speaking of the representative specifically, you still, by the fact that the company employs that person, discouraged a sale.

Two questions:
1. Did the terms of the sale include the parts you felt were missing? Or, did you infer that they would be included?
2. Are you sure that they "cashed" (charged) your credit card before shipping? It is perfectly acceptable for a merchant to reserve funds for what will be a future shipment. On the other hand, if they in fact originated the charge before shipment, that is against VISA/MC rules, which can place the merchants account in jeopardy.

KGP, I did get the rims, and the Missing hardware are just the lug nuts and Hub Centric rings. They are inexpensive items that totaled less than $100 retail.

2. Are you sure that they "cashed" (charged) your credit card before shipping? It is perfectly acceptable for a merchant to reserve funds for what will be a future shipment. On the other hand, if they in fact originated the charge before shipment, that is against VISA/MC rules, which can place the merchants account in jeopardy.
I do know that's the law, but I would choose not to do it, after all I got the rims with no problem.

The whole situation is very minor in a way, but without the hardware, I can not put my new wheels and tires on. To me, there's no difference than I didn't get the wheels at all.

similar situation: You paid (already making payment) for a car, the key doesn't cost that much isn't it? But it's not there, you, even you have the car in your garage and got all the legal paperworks... You could not drive it without the Key. Now tell me, how would you see the whole situation??

NSXDreamer2 said:
I do know that's the law...
That part has nothing to do with law. Rather, it's simply a VISA/MC "rule," which if violated can cause a merchant to lose their merchant account.

NSXDreamer2 said:
The whole situation is very minor in a way, but without the hardware, I can not put my new wheels and tires on. To me, there's no difference than I didn't get the wheels at all.
I hear ya, and maybe we're splitting hairs here. I, and many others have walked a similar path. I could tell a similar story, which caused much more of a headache (and multiple trips for install), but I knew that the company's reputation would have been ruined, and the problem was entirely because of human error, for which we are all guilty of at some time.

NSXDreamer2 said:
similar situation: You paid (already making payment) for a car, the key doesn't cost that much isn't it? But it's not there, you, even you have the car in your garage and got all the legal paperworks... You could not drive it without the Key. Now tell me, how would you see the whole situation??
That's why I asked the question about whether the missing parts were specifically listed as part of the sale. Sometimes people simply assume something because they know they will be required. If that's the case your above analogy doesn't fit. On the other hand, if they were to be part of the sale, it does fit the bill. Then yes, I too would be dissapointed.

NSXDreamer2
as i stated before on our phone conversation .. we didn't not ship the wheel directly to you .. they wheels were shipped from enkei directly to you and we were not aware of any hardware missing and also that they delayed your order..if you look at you tracking info the wheels left directly from enkei international in Texas.. and when i called them they said they don't supply centering rings nor lug so we here sent them to you ..and included them for free..our only fault was not following up with enkei the next day to make sure your wheel left there warehouse..but we ship directly from them every day and have never had this problem..charles is only a sales person and really has no way to contact enkei to make sure the wheels left he is in sales no in purchasing am sorry your wheels left late due to enkei's forgetfulness as i stated before we shipped you wheels the next day after you ordered them in our minds and on paper work just enkei didn't follow through..and i explained that to you already .the reason we drop shipped them is don't for get they are in Texas were in miami..and you in WA its a little further than miami..you have your lug nuts and centering rings on its way to you FREE of charge .. in sorry they got there a few days late it was honestlly out of my control..i relied on another company to fullfill your order..as i explained i more than happy to give you 100% money back

Last edited:
in Bens defense, I believe he would have resolved your issue if he were aware of the problem. Things like wheels that are customed ordered do take time, and usually the vendors are at the mercy of the suppliers. I am confident that you will get what you need and be happy when you get it. Best of luck.

See ...... now go drive your car and be happy. Save drama for daytime tv. Thanks Ben.

nsx025.jpg

you know you want these..

polar said:
hehe :D it just a joke between me and NSXdreamer2, we're cousins ;)
Ahh, gotcha. And, I agree - I like your wheels better also. :D

Alright, that's it, KGP, cousin, YOU WANT TO TAKE IT OUTSIDE :mad:

I know they are nice.... but it must be the offset or something, seems like the wheels that fit NSX doesn't look as good as the same design that fit other cars...

Look at the LM on the BMW's, they look nicer...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=111976

Same thing happened to my enkei's too, the one's that fit on Skylines looked better than the one I got for mine.

the only reason I didn't get LM is just that I don't like to spend too much money on the wheels that could easily got damaged by the poor road condition in my area. (mainly ignorant road construction on major highway.)
Well I'm too cheap anyway..... :D

Back