• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My winter project

My winter project is going to be an update of the interior to '02 specs (since I have done the exterior, I want the inside to match) I have a dash and door panels with the grey stitching , the perforated door cards and inside handles , blue faced instrument cluster (in KMS), A new OEM carpet set , and a few other "small items" that showed some wear (when I say "wear" I mean if it had a single scratch , I bought a new one). Along with this I am replacing the front targa seal (Rear one is already new) which should prove fun. Other things that I have are an airbag delete tray that I made , and also an led interior light with 100 leds . I would also like to replace the CC display with the 02-up style. My aim is to make the car look as close as possible to a new, un-driven car - a little obsessed - but we all need a hobby , right?

Here is a coulple pics of the small items I bought , consists of all the moldings inside the door openings , door pads , speaker grilles (3) , targa seal , cowl covers and a few other parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Ambitious! If you had to do it all over, would you have simply BOUGHT an 02+ ??

Ambitious! If you had to do it all over, would you have simply BOUGHT an 02+ ??

I was going to buy an 02 , but those cars were still depreciating (by now I have spent the same as if I bought an '02-up , but the car is exacltly how I want it) - not only this but most of the ones I saw STILL looked "used" - I am thinking to leave the protective plastic on and drive the car with white coveralls , and white gloves ...

I see you also bought left and right door sill covers. I ordered one for the drivers side, when it arrived, it was quite heavily deformed. It looked as if they used a really old injection mold. Also the vinyl was not glued on properly. Not you typical Honda quality part. I think I can just about see, yours isn't straight either. I didn't bother trying to exchanging it since it took way to long for the order to arrive, and I had a deadline. I ended up, ripping of the new vinyl and fuel opener trim piece, and transfering these bits onto the old cover.
It's a shame, Honda can't get a proper replacement part, for something that catches your eye everytime, you get into the car.

I've heard this problem exists , my new ones are good as far as the vinyl is concerned , the plastic is a bit wavy , but I already fixed it by heating with a heat gun.

Last edited:
Back