• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

N GA spring drive/mountain tour!

I had a blast! The roads were great, the group was wonderful, and it's always nice to get a hug from Maria!
Thanks for the invite, I'll be looking forward to the next trip. Possibly one around Monteagle?! There are a few twisties around the mountain that would make for a good time.
Thanks again, good to see all of you.
Barn

Barn Man said:
Possibly one around Monteagle?! There are a few twisties around the mountain that would make for a good time.

ATL is about 6 hours away from me, this is much more do-able. If something materializes, drop me a line? Sounds like a good time!

Thank you to the Hicks for the well organized drive. Were fortunate to be near this famous route, always beautiful and twistier then most have ever seen.

Here is a representative pic...

Thanks to Donymo for his one-handed-photography-while-driving act. Couldn't get any shots of the best sections of road 'cause that needed both hands on the wheel!

To see all the pix, see the link posted above by Donymo.

Attachments

• mini-drive1.jpg
    mini-drive1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
The turns that really made me squeal like a little school girl were the esess that were cambered. As soon as you dig into one, it shoots you straight up and you have to set up quickly for the next. VERY fun. The cambered hairpins were fun also. The pictures DO NOT do the trip justice at all. The pictures only show the VERY mild turns. Not the fun ones!
Next for me is Gingerman in Michigan with the CGI group on May 24th. I'm looking forward to hitting the track again. Especially in the Teggie. I was very happy with the handling.
Have a great week all,
Barn

P/S, the concrete is poured, the electricity is in, the rack is on order, the tranny jack is on order, the press is ready to go......The shop is getting closer! It's not a plush place by any means....but it will turn out great work. That's all that matters.

Here's another good shot just sent from one of our comrades...
forests, mountains, twisty roads populated solely by NSXs... Bliss!

Attachments

• mini-drive3.jpg
    mini-drive3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 124
Sounds like a great time. As a new owner, I hope we can make it for the next Atlanta/SE outing. I'll be checking the website often!

Back