• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1 Front Lip -- Still Made???

Does anyone know if the NA1 front lip is still made?
I want the smaller NA1 lip since my car is lowered.
The NA2 front lip is a bit bigger.

Anyone know?

One like this:
6619622467_6119265480_b.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes it is. I purchased one from Delray Acura a couple years ago. The P/N is 71110-SL0-003. Their price is $127.28 not including shipping.

Yes it is. I purchased one from Delray Acura a couple years ago. The P/N is 71110-SL0-003. Their price is $127.28 not including shipping.

The weird thing is both a 1991 and a 2001 have that same part number listed.
On Delray's site below, it's #7. Both 1991 and 2001 show 71110-SL0-003
I see on a few websites it says something like 'Part #71110-SL0-003 replaces: 71110-SL0-000'?

1991:
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray...&catcgry5=FRONT+BUMPER&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

2001:
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray...cgry5=FRONT+BUMPER+(1)&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

When you ordered from Delray, do you remember if it was that partnumber for sure, or was it 71110-SL0-000?

The weird thing is both a 1991 and a 2001 have that same part number listed.

Just for clarification, 1991 and 2001 have the same part number because it is the same part. The nose and spoiler did not change until the 2002 update to the NSX. I don't think the actual height of the spoiler (which is what I think you are referring to) changed from 96 to 97. That is something I've never heard or read before.

And the reason why people are particular about the NA1/NA2 designation is because of this confusion. It is an engine designation, not a model update designation.

Last edited:
No. NA1 is the 3.0 liter engine. NA2 is the 3.2 liter engine. All automatic NSXs have the 3.0 liter engine, so there are NA1 for all years.

Ahh. I forgot about automatics. Didn't realize they were considered NA1s for all years.
Learn something new every day :)

Just for clarification, 1991 and 2001 have the same part number because it is the same part. The nose and spoiler did not change until the 2002 update to the NSX.

That's not accurate. There's a huge difference from what I've seen. Makes it impossible to drive a lowered car in my experience.

This is what a 1997+ front lip looks like. Notice the sides.
The 1991 above looks like maybe a 1'' lip. The 1997 below is closer to 2''.

1997_Acura_Nsx-1.jpg

Last edited:
To the OP: do you want one because you don't have one at all, or because you have one but it is scratched up?

If you do have one that isn't tore up but is only scratched, you'd be surprised what removing it, sanding it (and even applying some spot filler), and rattle-can spraying it with Satin Black will do for how it looks . . . .

Of course if you don't even have one, then that obviously won't work. :biggrin:

To the OP: do you want one because you don't have one at all, or because you have one but it is scratched up?
If you do have one that isn't tore up but is only scratched, you'd be surprised what removing it, sanding it (and even applying some spot filler), and rattle-can spraying it with Satin Black will do for how it looks . . . .
Of course if you don't even have one, then that obviously won't work. :biggrin:

I used to have a home-made one. I took a 1997-2001 front lip, traced a 1'' line around it, and cut it in half.
But I wrecked my car a little, and broke it.
So I either have to make another one, or buy the real thing.
I was hoping to buy one...

I can't believe the aftermarket doesn't exist here.
How do other people drive their lowered cars? Mine is only lowered 1'' and there's NO WAY a normal front lip would work....

That's not accurate. There's a huge difference from what I've seen. Makes it impossible to drive a lowered car in my experience.

This is what a 1997+ front lip looks like. Notice the sides.
The 1991 above looks like maybe a 1'' lip. The 1997 below is closer to 2''.

You are correct, the front spoiler changed in 97. It is even in the wiki. Learn something new every day. :smile:

Last edited:
How do other people drive their lowered cars? Mine is only lowered 1'' and there's NO WAY a normal front lip would work....

Um, very carefully? :biggrin:

Yes, it is a challenge. My '91 is lowered via the OEM Springs / Bilstein shocks on lowered perches. Ask me how I know about sprucing up the front lip by sanding and painting. :biggrin:

Whenever I encounter an "iffy" driveway I either avoid it or approach at shallow an angle as possible, and go really slowly. The price you pay if you want to play.

Of course that says nothing of going down the road and getting surprised by uneven pavement, manhole covers and surrounding bulging pavement, etc. Gotta be on your toes when driving a lowered NSX.

Sometimes it's unavoidable and that nasty noise is heard. In fact, mine is due for another touch up.

This is a better illustration of the difference.

1991-1996 Part #71110-SL0-000 ???
diary20-1.jpg

1997-2001 Part #71110-SL0-003
diary20-2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Um, very carefully? :biggrin:
Yes, it is a challenge. My '91 is lowered via the OEM Springs / Bilstein shocks on lowered perches. Ask me how I know about sprucing up the front lip by sanding and painting. :biggrin:
Whenever I encounter an "iffy" driveway I either avoid it or approach at shallow an angle as possible, and go really slowly. The price you pay if you want to play.
Of course that says nothing of going down the road and getting surprised by uneven pavement, manhole covers and surrounding bulging pavement, etc. Gotta be on your toes when driving a lowered NSX.
Sometimes it's unavoidable and that nasty noise is heard. In fact, mine is due for another touch up.

Here's the thing though.
I run the same setup with OEM Springs / Bilstein shocks on lowered perches.
I had ZERO clearance issues. I could get up decent driveways, never had to worry about clearing anything.
All we need is SOS or Dali to make 1991-1996 front lips again and you can drive around relaxed. :)

Their IS a difference between 91-96' and 97-01' front lips. If the parts fiche for a 91 and 01' have the same part numbers then I think they updated the 91-96' with the newer 97-01' part number to save costs. They both bolt up exactly the same but the 91-96' is lower profile. I believe the earlier one was discontinued about 3 years ago.

I also prefer the 91-96 lip, as I am lowered and that extra inch would make a big difference. Maybe with enough interest the aftermarket could help us out?

+1 agree the original lips Are DISCONTINUED...... the newer style which is bigger is still available. I go thru them like butter on bread.

I have been looking for awhile I want one cause I don't have one.

well I happen to have 2 original lips. one is not in great shape the other is in better condition, the thing is when people bring me their original NSX and they want to put some CF vented
LED-lighted indiglo spackled dry wall screws junk aftermarket lip I ask can I keep the original one they are like yeah sure its ugly LOL

they are hard to find they normally get throw away etc after they are damaged.

I have even tried to cut the newer one to get it to look the same but I end up having one with lines that look like my 3 year old used play scissors to cut the line.

- - - Updated - - -

if your the first owner then 95 it is..... but if your the 2nd owner 3rd etc. they may have replaced it at some point

This is a better illustration of the difference.

1991-1996 Part #71110-SL0-000 ???
diary20-1.jpg

1997-2001 Part #71110-SL0-003
diary20-2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the thing though.
I run the same setup with OEM Springs / Bilstein shocks on lowered perches.
I had ZERO clearance issues. I could get up decent driveways, never had to worry about clearing anything.
All we need is SOS or Dali to make 1991-1996 front lips again and you can drive around relaxed. :)

I changed my front lip out 5 years ago and all I could get was the replacement -003.
I put my old original beat up, scratched, torn -000 front lip up for sale and for $80.00 and 5 people wanted it.
The newer replacement makes it more difficult to get up steep driveways than the original. Because of this, It won't last forever, in fact I bought a spare for later.

Wow learn something new everyday! I thought the lips were the same. I have scraped my front lip(00 larger style) a few times and would love an early style one if I ever decide to lower the car. Aftermarket opportunity..

I also prefer the 91-96 lip, as I am lowered and that extra inch would make a big difference. Maybe with enough interest the aftermarket could help us out?

+1 agree the original lips Are DISCONTINUED...... the newer style which is bigger is still available. I go thru them like butter on bread.

I have been looking for awhile I want one cause I don't have one.

I changed my front lip out 5 years ago and all I could get was the replacement -003.
I put my old original beat up, scratched, torn -000 front lip up for sale and for $80.00 and 5 people wanted it.
The newer replacement makes it more difficult to get up steep driveways than the original. Because of this, It won't last forever, in fact I bought a spare for later.

Wow learn something new everyday! I thought the lips were the same. I have scraped my front lip(00 larger style) a few times and would love an early style one if I ever decide to lower the car. Aftermarket opportunity..

I sent Science of Speed an IM linking to this thread.
Everyone else should to.
Not just for our benefit, but I would think SOS could make a few bucks off doing this.
They need SOME sort of front lip for people who are lowered.

I sent Science of Speed an IM linking to this thread.

Everyone else should to.

Not just for our benefit, but I would think SOS could make a few bucks off doing this.

They need SOME sort of front lip for people who are lowered...
The injection molding/fabrication costs for an urethane-lip (as-in the stock lip) are cost prohibitive. That's why almost all NSX-specific aftermarket front/rear bumper-covers, valances, etc. are all FRP, carbon-glass, or carbon-fiber. With that said, there are a few front lips which are actually urethane in construction (perhaps 1 or 2?).

Someone should start refurb'ing damaged '91-'96 front lips, using urethane resin/filler/reinforcement. Majority of them are damaged where they are attached to the valance, namely where the specialized bolts/nuts hold things together. It'd be a rather lucrative opportunity... :cool:

Last edited:
Back