• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1 USDM vs. EDM nose differences?

Hey y'all. I'm about to pull the trigger on a second hand nose mask for my NA1 that was originally on an EDM car. Are there any differences in an EDM front end vs. the USDM that would prevent the mask from fitting properly? Thanks in advance.

Brett

Why do you mention the NA1 engine code? That has nothing to do with the front end.

Aside from the slight change in the chin spoiler in '97, there are two front ends: the '91-01 NSX (which come with both NA1 and NA2 engines) and the '02-05 NSX (which also come with both NA1 and NA2 engines).

AFAIK, the only difference between the '91-01 NSX front end sold in North America, and the '91-01 NSX front end sold in Europe, is the emblem (Honda H emblem in Europe, Acura A emblem in North America).

Last edited:
One of the most obvious differnces between the front of the USDM and EDM NSX nose is the headlight washer nozzles. (Two black things just in front of headlights)

EDM

USDM
1991-acura-nsx-001.jpg

Last edited:
The nose-mask also wraps onto the front fenders, a USDM nosemask will have holes for the front mounted turn indicators as shown below. The EDM indicators are back closer to the doors as shown by Raven above and a European mask likely will not have said holes. (Might be a legal issue covering up your indicators).

Also, a North American sized licence plate flap is on a USDM nosemask. If you don't have a front plate, this won't be an issue, if you do, you might need to do some slight adjustments to the mask to make your own flap/hole.

USDM Mask:
fullnosemask.jpg

Couldn't find an EDM specific nose-mask photo.

Lucas

Nsxtasy,

I apologize for any confusion my use of the NA1 engine designation may have caused. I consider myself properly counseled.

Midnight Raven/Lucas,

Thanks for your replies. Good points. I didn't think about the washer jets, side markers or provision for a front license plate. At any rate, the mask is on its way and I'll have to live with it. I really don't expect to use it very often (only for the rare road trip to save from road rash). I'm certainly not using it for the aesthetics.

Brett

Back