• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA2 Engines - Exhaust Options ... Headers ...

Are there any advantages to upgrading to an aftermarket header for the NA2 engine?

Would an aftermarket header make one's aftermarket ( GT-One 5.1 ) exhaust system any louder?

Thanks for your help.

Ian

Ian, I have not seen any Dyno numbers to confirm that there are any gains by going with an Aftermarket headers....Anyway the 97+ NSX's comes with very good headers from the factory.

I would say it's not required.

Bram

you can find much more detailed answers using search, but i think there are some gains with headers, however they are minimal... especially at over a grand! There are some minor weight savings, however.

Now exhaust, I think there's also some small gains.. but substantial weight savings.

Big difference between stock and aftermarket headers

attachment.php

2qbg9zc.jpg

Hi Norm:

I read the thread you provided a link for, still not sure if there is any gain to be enjoyed by replacing my NA2 header on my NA2 engine with an aftermarket header.

I so wish there was a substantial improvement to warrant the purchase of an aftermarket header.

Ian

I am in the same situation, maybe this thead will help you.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86686

Keep the OEM header, it is good.

Unless you're willing to spend some money on top JDM headers, the difference is minimal. However, all the great JDM headers are for NA1, which means you will need to have custom test pipes made, or cut your existing muffler to fit.

I only got 7HP gain from my Fujitsubo header over the OEM NA2, but low end torque arrive couple hundred RPM late.

Most of the USDM headers are 50mm pipes, JDM headers often use 60MM

Back