• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA2 PS Unit Placement

Hi all

I purchased a 97 NSX-T & have found the PS 'brain' located in the teensy-tiny little glovebox, which completely fills it up. This is after the SoS subwoofer upgrade was installed by the previous owner under the passenger footwell.

Question is, Has anybody found another location to place this piece of equipment. Does it have to remain inside the cabin for climate-control reasons, or could it potentially be placed under the hood or even on the side in the rear trunk? Has anyone else thought of options like this?

Not a big deal but I would like to be able to put the owner's manual in the glovebox & I don't like having that item stuck in their (looks tacky)

Thank, and I'm not looking for replies asking why it makes a difference to me or telling me to put the owner's manual in the trunk. I am posting in the hopes that someone else has solved this issue

It's not the brain its the power amp and it is not water tight so needs to stay inside the car. I would also think it needs to be close to the steering rack and the battery since it is a high power item. So out side of diching the SOS sub box and going back to stock you are stuck with the way it is.

I mounted mine under the glove box and over the sub (ztoolman box). I made a bracket that supports it so it doesn't fall down.

I called it a brain for lack of a better word, but it certainly looks like an amp. And my main question Briank answered in that it is not water-tight. I like CL65 Captain's option of mounting it under the glovebox so I'll take a looksee down there. I pity my poor passengers : pretty soon there'll be no room for them over there....

BTW, has anyone actually sat on the passenger side with the sub in place (SoS)? I did for a short drive while I let my friend drive the car a bit & it is pretty darn short on leg room now (I have a 34 inch inseam so I'm not freakishly tall). Glad I stay on the other side myself....

Thanks for the replies

Since I removed the entire SRS system I placed mine where the driver side air bag unit was. I would only recommend if tracking the car or don't care about SRS.

PA030131.JPG
PA030133.JPG
PA030134.JPG
PA060157.JPG

Back