• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Napleton’s Acura West Palm Beach sucks 877-363-2817

No more crazy exotics for me. I may entertain a 2016 Aston Martin Vantage V8 GT with three pedals.

The Vantage ticks some nice check boxes; but, I am not sure that it completely avoids the crazy component! British cars seem to be better than they used to be; however, notwithstanding your unfortunate recent experience, reliability ranks below Japanese vehicles. The bigger down side is that parts availability can be lean so if you do have a problem you may be waiting a while for repairs and the aftermarket parts sources are only slightly better than they are for a Gen 2 NSX. Aftermarket parts supply for a Gen 1 NSX looks like Christmas compared to a Vantage.

Something to check if you want to chase the Vantage. If you purchase it from an authorized Aston Dealership I think you can buy a warranty for a year or two.

Oh how I long for the simpler days when cars were more "analog". That is one reason why my fleet of vehicles are all older (90s to early 2000s). I like to wrench on my cars and I feel with these newer cars it would be almost impossible to do it. I watched a video recently that featured the M240 BMW which, by the way, is going to be the engine used in the new Toyota Supra. The popped the cover off the engine and it literally looked like a plate of spaghetti under there. I would not know where to begin. Makes me wonder if there will be any 30 year old 2017 NSX's in 2047 or are they disposable like everything else in this world these days......man I sound like an old fart.....

Last edited:
how about a lightly used California...perfect car for A1A.....Detroit ave....

In all likelihood I’m probably going to take a sabbatical from exotic car ownership for a while. Nothing out there really is a must have at this point.

I may have missed this [MENTION=3821]DocL[/MENTION], but have you posted the VIN on this car? It might help potential future owners.

It's a beautiful car, but with all the problems and things that have happened to it (things taken apart from diagnosing the electrical gremlins perhaps), I certainly wouldn't want to be fooled into thinking it was another normal used car if a VIN report doesn't show it as being lemon-lawed or bought back.

Thanks.

I agree with [MENTION=12356]Mac Attack[/MENTION] . Once you’ve gone through the process, post the VIN so no one else has to be stuck with this mess.

Though my bet is that Acura will take it back to Ohio to be studied...or repaired properly...

I agree with [MENTION=12356]Mac Attack[/MENTION] . Once you’ve gone through the process, post the VIN so no one else has to be stuck with this mess.

Though my bet is that Acura will take it back to Ohio to be studied...or repaired properly...

If AHM decides to settle with me outside of the lawsuit I'm sure they will want me to sign an NDA which I am perfectly fine with. If it goes to mediation, and I know I'll win in court, I'll gladly post the vin. However, it will be obvious either way if someone looks at the Carfax with all the service repairs that there was something wrong with it. I'll know more by Friday or Monday.

I may have missed this [MENTION=3821]DocL[/MENTION], but have you posted the VIN on this car? It might help potential future owners.

It's a beautiful car, but with all the problems and things that have happened to it (things taken apart from diagnosing the electrical gremlins perhaps), I certainly wouldn't want to be fooled into thinking it was another normal used car if a VIN report doesn't show it as being lemon-lawed or bought back.

Thanks.

The car was pretty much perfect before the gas tank recall. Yeah there were a few glitches, but none of them came back for a second time besides the wind noise. Whatever happens with it I don't care. For me it's no longer safe to drive and it has been sitting in my garage for the past month barely being driven.

Sorry to hear what you are going through [MENTION=3821]DocL[/MENTION], the NSX service experience should be that of a premium brand, and that doesn't sound to be the case. However, I would recommend providing details of the experience in the original post, or provide a link to a dedicated thread elsewhere. It's one thing to get the results up on a search, but I generally discredit an ambiguous claim that "vendor XXX sucks!".

Just read through this thread. Did they ever make this right for you? Unbelievable that Acura would screw up a car that badly and not give you a replacement. You would think they wouldn't want all this publicity on a car that's been a disaster all around.

So glad I bought a 458 instead of this ugly POS.

Just read through this thread. Did they ever make this right for you? Unbelievable that Acura would screw up a car that badly and not give you a replacement. You would think they wouldn't want all this publicity on a car that's been a disaster all around.

So glad I bought a 458 instead of this ugly POS.

Nothing has been done. The car is now going on three months not having been driven one inch. I have my Lemon Law court date the beginning of April. The values of the Gen2 NSX are dropping everyday and you see a lot of them for sale with very low miles. I wonder why?

Nothing has been done. The car is now going on three months not having been driven one inch. I have my Lemon Law court date the beginning of April. The values of the Gen2 NSX are dropping everyday and you see a lot of them for sale with very low miles. I wonder why?

It's all your fault Robert....:rolleyes:
Well, that and the dealership.... :biggrin: So, just drive it out of state where these fabuloso dealerships reside.

Nice meeting you the other day DocL. I remember reading this thread, sad to hear. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Back