• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NAVPOD and Alpine ILX-W650

Hi All. Does anyone have experience with Alpine ILX-W650? With this short profile double-din, will this fit in the NAVPOD? Please advise. Thank you.

Steven

I do not have experience with this unit, but I know it will not fit. I took just the face a the Alpine AppRadio4 and glued it into the nav pod then remotely mounted the rest of the unit.

I do not have experience with this unit, but I know it will not fit. I took just the face a the Alpine AppRadio4 and glued it into the nav pod then remotely mounted the rest of the unit.

So all I can do is to remove the back unit, find some extension cords to connect the panel and the actual electronic unit to make this work?

So all I can do is to remove the back unit, find some extension cords to connect the panel and the actual electronic unit to make this work?

Yes, if you can separate the 'face' from the rest of the unit. And you can find the correct ribbon cable, then you can put the 'face' into the nav pod and remote mount the rest.

That looks like it would work, great option. I wished it was available in 2015 when I did mine.
You have about 1.5 (maybe 2) inches of clearance on the lower edge before it hits the dash opening.

Last edited:
That looks like it would work, great option. I wished it was available in 2015 when I did mine.
You have about 1.5 (maybe 2) inches of clearance on the lower edge before it hits the dash opening.

The unit says it is 1 inch thick... So maybe it will work. I am going to head over to a audio place to see if they can do it...

Steven

So....you're having someone else do this? Hope you know the shop and work quality

Sorry, no suggestions. I live in NORcal

Back