• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need a new Clutch

Need a new clutch for my 91 NSX. I am looking for the least expence clutch out there. I do want the performance to be good though. Also thinking about a lightwait flywheel. If you guys know of the cheapest place to get these part please post them. I just bought my wife a S2000 and she want to sell the NSX now cause its costing too much. I really don't want to do that so the cheaper the better. Thanks all.

I believe the stock clutch is less expensive than the aftermarket options on the market.

If you really want to save money, join the NSX Club of America for $40, then call Eric Milam in the parts department at Niello Acura in Sacramento (not too much further from you than your dealer in Concord). Arrange with him to buy the OEM clutch and to have it installed there. He'll give you the club member 30 percent discount on the clutch and you'll also get the club member 10 percent off the labor on the installation. The savings will more than pay for your membership dues. This will be the least expensive way to get your clutch replaced (unless you are doing it yourself). And you'll have the superior reliability of the OEM clutch, along with the confidence of having it installed by one of the best NSX service departments in the country.

Garthed,

Ken's point is a good one. The only other "cost effective" option I am aware of is the "Dali" clutch setup. Last time I checked it was $1250 complete with the lightweight flywheel ($1500, which includes a $250 core charge, you get back once you send him your original clutch). You will have to check with Mark Johnson in regard to availability.

I do not recall the pricing of the OEM setup, but you WILL get the best price from Eric, as Ken mentioned.

HTH,
LarryB

I went with the dali clutch.1250 after core return IF centerforce can rebuild your old one.if not the total parts cost is 1650,cant forget those bearings you will need.this price includes the flywheel liteweight and the bearings.no problems with mine so far.but good luck finding one in stock.the stock oem unit was priced out to me at 2500.neither include the labor. FYI my total cost 2400 parts labor

Garthed, I was just on dalis site and he has some new in the box oem clutches for 1000$
no way the dealer can get close to that even with your club membership(which will take 10 or 15% off the labor. its worth a look FYI AND the kit comes with one of the bearings!
best regards David

The Centerforce clutch is Awesome!!
I had them on my two previous Hondas
and I have never had a problem....Mark Basch installed the Centerforce with my 4.55 R&P and R gears, it works great!
Thumbs up on this Clutch from me...

------------------
www.xldm.com

Back