• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need a reputable NSX Certified Mechanic

Hello friends! I need to get my TB and WP replaced and need some suggestions on where to take my car. I reside in the Seattle Area (Mill Creek), but am willing to drive as far as Portland. Please let me know if you know of any experienced NSX certified mechanics at the local Acura Dealers in my area. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I only take my car one place, JohnZ a.k.a ZahnTech Automotive. And his shop is right down in Redmond! Search for him on Prime.

I only take my car one place, JohnZ a.k.a ZahnTech Automotive. And his shop is right down in Redmond! Search for him on Prime.

Ditto...he's done all the work on my car...except the stuff I do myself.

Give Tony at Main Street in Monroe a call, he has one of the only Honda/Acura certified independent shops in the area and is a nsx owner.

I decided to go with Acura of Lynnwood for my timing belt and water pump service. I requested for Jon to work on the car and only Jon to drive it. They honored the estimate they gave me the week before and they were very friendly, polite, and professional. I will do business with them again.

Everything is going well right now. If anything changes in the near future, I will let you guys know.

I decided to go with Acura of Lynnwood for my timing belt and water pump service. I requested for Jon to work on the car and only Jon to drive it. They honored the estimate they gave me the week before and they were very friendly, polite, and professional. I will do business with them again.

Everything is going well right now. If anything changes in the near future, I will let you guys know.

Wise choice of mechanic.
I have been there before (2002), and didn't know about Jon at the time so some rookies messed up my aftermarket clutch installation.
Jon is the master tech there, and very knowledgeable about NSXs.

Dan

Just another kuddos to John ZAHN. My ride will never see anyone else.:biggrin:

Knew John for years, great guy I'm telling you.

I had an unfortunate event that on my way to the track yesterday, I found out one of my caliper (bracket) bolt was gone. Somehow I didn't tight that one enough I guessed. Went to Lynnwood Acura, part is not in stock and won't even bother to help found one that works. I was FREAKING out, and tried to call everyone.. (sorry guys.. ) Most people are at work or away from home, call Zahntech's shop, Joe said come on over...

got there and even though we couldn't find the exact bolt I needed but we found one that works!! 15 mins and I'm heading to the track...

Guys, don't think anyone could BEAT this type of customer service!!!!!

John Z @ Zahntech is the ONLY way to go. I have owned 4 NSX's and would not let anyone else touch anything under the engine cover. His prices are very low compared to the dealers and he OWNS one.

I also live in the Seattle area (just moved here from CA) and have been debating on taking my NSX to ZahnTech in Redmond or Acura of Lynnwood (Jon)....I have been hearing great things about both shops, but I am still undecided...I would like to find a mechanic that can take care of everything from my basic repairs and check ups to performance additions in the future. Also staying with one shop from day one is the way I would like to go! I would appreciate any feedback on the two shops in terms of prices, labor rate, ability to get parts, and experiences etc. :biggrin:

I also live in the Seattle area (just moved here from CA) and have been debating on taking my NSX to ZahnTech in Redmond or Acura of Lynnwood (Jon)....I have been hearing great things about both shops, but I am still undecided...I would like to find a mechanic that can take care of everything from my basic repairs and check ups to performance additions in the future. Also staying with one shop from day one is the way I would like to go! I would appreciate any feedback on the two shops in terms of prices, labor rate, ability to get parts, and experiences etc. :biggrin:

You can't go wrong with either. Zahn has treated mevery wll, and I'm not easy to hanndlee :0

Back