• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need guidelines for current NSX values (2014)

I'm shopping but am slightly in the dark about values. Can I get opinions of resale values by year. These prices represent my initial gut feeling for cars with very little after market stuff.

Price range covers not so clean, to very clean, with reasonably low mileage (30-50k miles):confused::
91 25000 - 40000
92-94 20000 - 45000
95-96 25000 - 50000
97-00 30000 - 55000
01 35000 - 60000
02-04 40000 - 70000
05 50000 - 80000

91, 01, and 05 are isolated as I think they are special years.

Can I get some help?

I think your ranges are pretty close. Only criticisms I would have is for 91-96 vehicles. It would be hard to find a non salvage car for under 30. $20,000 for a 92-94 seems too low.

Hagerty has a valuation tool that works well. I used it to buy my 1997 NSX-T #2 condition car.

Thanks much for the replies. I fig'd their must be some NSX's in rough shape in the 20's but I guess not if it has 50k miles. Much obliged.

95-96 are by far the least desirable. 02-05 seem to be the trophy cars and the most in demand.

95-96 are by far the least desirable. 02-05 seem to be the trophy cars and the most in demand.

.that depends......they are the cheapest way to get a targa car...and for some every Benjamin matters.

The starting price on these 02 - 05 is way too low unless they're salvage title. You're never going to see one for sale in the $40k price, maybe 5 years ago but not now.

02-04 40000 - 70000
05 50000 - 80000

Agreed, a stock, normal miles, un-wrecked 2002-2005 starts 55K and up. If you can find one.

I'd recommend driving the cars and not generalize if you want to find the best value. Every car is different. I test drove every iteration except a 05 (looking for a 99-01) but surprisingly found myself going back to the 95 as the best bang for the buck. The 97+ didnt' really feel much (if any) faster to me to warrant the $10k price delta. The 95-96 years really are a great value.

I'd recommend driving the cars and not generalize if you want to find the best value. Every car is different. I test drove every iteration except a 05 (looking for a 99-01) but surprisingly found myself going back to the 95 as the best bang for the buck. The 97+ didnt' really feel much (if any) faster to me to warrant the $10k price delta. The 95-96 years really are a great value.

Trust me, other than a select few on here, Ive probably driven as many NSX's as anyone else. Im my opinion, for whatever thats worth, the 95-96 cars were the least enjoyable to me. Value wise they may be great, but desirability they are low on the food chain.

Trust me, other than a select few on here, Ive probably driven as many NSX's as anyone else. Im my opinion, for whatever thats worth, the 95-96 cars were the least enjoyable to me. Value wise they may be great, but desirability they are low on the food chain.

How do you define desirability? The easiest way is to look at sale prices and a 95-96 will cost more than 90% of 91-94 condition being equal. The fact that they are 20-25 years old take the age difference out of the equation IMO. If 91-94's were more desirable, then they would sell for more than a comparable condition 95-96, but they don't.

With that said, I understand what you are saying because if you want a targo NSX the 97+ is better than the 95-96. Also if you are a hardtop purist the 91-94's are the dollar for dollar way to go.

OP - I don't think you can find a 95-96 for under $30k unless it is salvage. Also, color has a lot to due with value as some command more than others.

One must also keep in mind that there are a couple thousand 91s and 92s and maybe a couple hundred of every other year. supply AND demand

I wouldn't argue as to which is the best value, but after owning two 92's and now a 97 for about two months, my 97 feels a lot quicker than my 92's did. I've also had comments that my particular Black 92 I just sold felt surprisingly strong, but I can still fee quite a difference in acceleration and over all speed in my 97. I prefer the manual steering rack though.

I also think finding a 97-01 for $30K is going to be very tough. Maybe mid $35K range is possible.

Last edited:
Mid 30s NA2 will be super high mileage or salvage. JonDs 97 with an accident (non salvage) and 100k+ miles was listed for and had interest at 38 as I recall

Thanks much for the replies. I fig'd their must be some NSX's in rough shape in the 20's but I guess not if it has 50k miles. Much obliged.

Someone much smarter than me said that if you can't afford a good one, you for sure can't afford a bad one!

Someone much smarter than me said that if you can't afford a good one, you for sure can't afford a bad one!

Very true, and thanks, but the wisdom I'm looking for is this: If I can afford both, and I want to drive it A LOT, which would be wiser to get, a clean one that's pricey, or a rough one that I can take to SOS here in AZ and let them have at it, restoring it to former glory? Either way, it seems to me, the dollars work out the same.

Very true, and thanks, but the wisdom I'm looking for is this: If I can afford both, and I want to drive it A LOT, which would be wiser to get, a clean one that's pricey, or a rough one that I can take to SOS here in AZ and let them have at it, restoring it to former glory? Either way, it seems to me, the dollars work out the same.

Depends on what you mean by "a lot".

If you are going to daily drive it - go with a cheaper car for sure. You will drive all of the value out of the car.
The only problem with a "rough one" is that it is like a box of chocolates - you won't be sure what is going on in there until you open it up. While a Honda is basically bullet proof from the factory, once you get someone in there monkeying around and modifying this, that and whatever they can take a lot of that reliability and flush it right down the drain.

You might be better off with an "ok" one and then just keep maintaining it. Sounds to me as though you should avoid the sub 30,000 mile cars though.

Depends on what you mean by "a lot".

If you are going to daily drive it - go with a cheaper car for sure. You will drive all of the value out of the car.
The only problem with a "rough one" is that it is like a box of chocolates - you won't be sure what is going on in there until you open it up. While a Honda is basically bullet proof from the factory, once you get someone in there monkeying around and modifying this, that and whatever they can take a lot of that reliability and flush it right down the drain.

You might be better off with an "ok" one and then just keep maintaining it. Sounds to me as though you should avoid the sub 30,000 mile cars though.

I should have clarified, sorry. Plan is to drive it 5-7k miles per year. Not my daily driver, but no garage queen either.

My vote would be for a "clean one that's pricey" over a rough one you take to SOS. In the long run, I think you would be money ahead.

If it were me, I would get a 91 since they are the most purest. I Believe nsx holds sentimental values to most owners that might explains the values of nsx holds so well and also some might be overpriced.

Watch this video on the comparison of na1 and na2. Hope it helps.
http://youtu.be/uebXYuTYrPE

....btw the human mind doesn't have the ability to use and comprehend 6 forward manual gears.....that's why all these 6-9 speeds are clutchless autos....you can't handle 6....I chose the best 5 speed nsxr ratios and rp and a 3.2 swap...:applouse:

I would go for a cared for (well used but not abused/abandonded) older model. Then you can upgrade when its convenient or as desired as opposed to chasing gremlins/problems (due to abuse). Rough ones can surely be a "box of chocolates"...a recent rebuild on this forum comes to mind.

If it were me, I would get a 91 since they are the most purest. I Believe nsx holds sentimental values to most owners that might explains the values of nsx holds so well and also some might be overpriced.

Watch this video on the comparison of na1 and na2. Hope it helps.
http://youtu.be/uebXYuTYrPE

Watched it, thx for posting. I'm pretty intoxicated on NSX right now after watching that. Watched their S2000 vid too. B nice to have both.

Back