• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need head gasket for 3.0l

My car is torn down for a rebuild at a local shop with a certified Honda mechanic who's worked on my NSX for ten years. Local Acura shop ordered the gasket kit, which came in today with damage (a hole) in one of the head gaskets.

Dealer says he's checked the Acura network nationwide and what we received were the last two in the country.

Does anyone have a lead on on (or a set) of head gaskets for my '91?

Jeff

I forgot where I saw it, but there is a guy out there on the internet who makes custom intake manifold gaskets, ala Hondata.

Perhaps someone else knows what I'm talking about & can chime in.

Good luck.

My car is torn down for a rebuild at a local shop with a certified Honda mechanic who's worked on my NSX for ten years. Local Acura shop ordered the gasket kit, which came in today with damage (a hole) in one of the head gaskets.

Dealer says he's checked the Acura network nationwide and what we received were the last two in the country.

Does anyone have a lead on on (or a set) of head gaskets for my '91?

Jeff

Where are you located?

Bryan

Where are you located?

Bryan

Am in Colorado, just north of Denver. (Dealership is saying at least two weeks before they get anything more from Japan, and with the tsunami/quake and its effect on manufacturers there, two weeks may be overly optimistic.)

Jeff

Back