• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Help On Deciding On Next Super Car!

Exactly ,your budget needs to include a lot of extras if you are importing

Yea for sure, but at the same time my budget isn't engraved in stone its just that i cant be going crazy in the mid 200's or so. If i find something i really like and it ends up being close to the 200 than so be it.

I'm a fan of the Audi R8 just for the looks. Sure, the performance numbers aren't even in the same league as a Gallardo. But if you were thinking the V10 version might be worth the wait, then check out this review on the V10.

Ford GT.

550 hp, stunning looks, fairly reliable (could be driven daily), built in the USA so you'll only pay GST when you import it, and quite rare. Easily modified if you're into that.

Actual cost for a $150K USD Ford GT would actually be about $197K CAD though, since the exchange rate has gone against the Canadian dollar lately.

$150K USD = $174,175.57 CAD
GST = $8708.78 CAD
PST = $13934.05 CAD
Air Conditioning Tax = $100 CAD
RIV Fee = $204.75 CAD

TOTAL = $197,123.15 CAD (roughly $175,000 USD)

So, if your budget is $175K USD, you'd be okay. If it's $175K CAD, you'd be hard pressed to do it.

http://www.importcartocanada.info/tools/vehicle-import-price-calculator/ is a great tool for calculating what it'll cost you to import a vehicle. ;)

Concerned about being underpowered? How about an Ariel Atom:

Ariel-Atom-2-Clarkson.jpg
i have to say i've thought about one of those - looks pretty hair on fire.

of course, there are always rules / disclaimers to be aware of... not to mention possible limited production / parts issues.

but bitchin' nonetheless.

Last edited:
Ford GT.

550 hp, stunning looks, fairly reliable (could be driven daily), built in the USA so you'll only pay GST when you import it, and quite rare. Easily modified if you're into that.

Actual cost for a $150K USD Ford GT would actually be about $197K CAD though, since the exchange rate has gone against the Canadian dollar lately.

GST = $8708.78 CAD
PST = $13934.05 CAD
RIV Fee = $204.75 CAD

So, if your budget is $175K USD, you'd be okay. If it's $175K CAD, you'd be hard pressed to do it.

http://www.importcartocanada.info/tools/vehicle-import-price-calculator/ is a great tool for calculating what it'll cost you to import a vehicle. ;)

Great link! Thanks alot!

BTW... Who else loves paying 3 different taxes and on a $150 000 USD car $32 000 CND in taxes WOO HOO

Ford GT.

GST = $8708.78 CAD
PST = $13934.05 CAD
RIV Fee = $204.75 CAD

Have you ever actually stood next to a Ford GT? That thing is about 14 feet wide and sits even lower than an NSX. In terms of daily driving type practicality, you'd be better off welding two NSXs together, side by side.

Cool car for a pure toy though.

Have you ever actually stood next to a Ford GT? That thing is about 14 feet wide and sits even lower than an NSX. In terms of daily driving type practicality, you'd be better off welding two NSXs together, side by side.

+1

i think they're great, but they're even lower than my nsx and i can't help but think the creature comfort / dd factor is pretty low.

very cool car.

More than that, has he actually driven a Ford GT. That car is FAR from a daily driver. Having driven one for a weekend, I have no interest in driving it again.

Was in a 700 hp one at Texas World Speedway. Yes, it's low and wide. There's still plenty of head room, though, and it's no worse (width wise) than a modern full-size pickup. Shouldn't be a problem to daily drive, as far as I'm concerned.

Go do a test drive. Yes, you will be able to drive all of these cars if the seller thinks you have the means. Bringing the NSX, it should make a good impression. There is a lot of emotions in these cars. I have driven all of the cars bellow and have not owned any of them. Here are my thoughts,

R8 Very refined and comfortable. It is probably the one that is most like the NSX. It comes with warranty and is probably the second cheapest to maintain and repair. To me, it is not that attractive. It also is low on power. I have heard it is great on the track.

Aston Martin It is a looker, but for me the driving experience just isn't there when compared to the NSX. It also is low on power.

Gallardo It is a beauty. I drove an '04 egear. I thought the egear was on the clunky side. The front of car struggles to make it in or out of a driveways without scraping, fixed with a hydraulic lift in 06. I have heard that the '04/05 aren't real dependable.

Fort GT Incredible power and torque. The interior is the least attractive. Not a lot of head room. The top of the door goes into the roof over a foot. This causes a big problem in getting in and out of the car. The door needs to be almost open all of the way to get out of the car. I don't think you could get in or out of the car in a parking lot with cars on both sides of you. Probably the cheapest and easiest to maintain and repair. I had the pleasure of a 20 minute ride on a track with one of these, wow. Did I mention the incredible power and torque.

Ferrari F430 To me it is incredible in all areas except the repair and maintenance costs. Very nice looking, powerful with a great sound.

All of these cars are in the 90k - 135k range. The older Gallardos are the cheapest then the R8s.

I have considered pulling the trigger on one these. Believe it or not my wife is pushing me to buy immediately. Her favorite is the F430 hands down.

Back