• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help picking a new daily driver

Parking in a normal space and having to swing the gigantic door on the CL open proved difficult. It does open wide, but more of a challenge than the S5 or NSX for that matter.

I point to one of the most luxurious, powerful, safe, and comfortable coupes in the world and your complaint is that the door swing is too big? What are you, 80? :tongue:

LAMBO DOORS!! Problem solved! :biggrin:
2009-Mercedes-Benz-CL-LSD-Lambo-door-conversion-front-three-quarter.jpeg

I'm with what others have said on here. Are you looking for cheap to buy or keep? I think most of the cars listed here will cost a small fortune to maintain.

If we are adding to this list and long term costs aren't an issue, why not a 456 or 355? There are 98 F cars on Autotrader right now for under $50k. They won't be cheap to maintain either, but they will turn heads and can be had with an auto.

^^^ you would daily drive a 456 or a 355??? to run around town and go to home depot and groceries and stuff?
If that's the case you have crazy money burning a hole in your pocket, and one in your head for not making those cars collector cars

Jk in all seriousness
The F cars are not a daily in my opinion.

The M5 is a GREAT CAR if not AMAZING. But Eiffel is right, just like any other 5 series on the street. Although I will admit the new ones really catch my eye and a bit of body styling makes me go hhhhmmm,

Honestly I think you need to shelf the "head turner" idea and get yourself a real daily driver that is cheap to maintain and reliable, incognito, comfortable, cheap to keep. Something that can go to home depot. I wouldn't take a CL63 to home depot either. You already have a car that is a head turner. If you feel the urge, then just go home and get that. You're going to pay a hefty price for vanity. For 50K you can get a car that hauls shit.. Some sort of wagon or SUV, AND and a luxury car. A comfortable 4 door sedan.

I have a Honda element. That's what I take to home depot. You can get a nice hauler. I'd rather have an 08+ Toyota highlander SUV that has TONS of space, is reliable as hell and has great sale for about 20K, and spend 30K on a Mercedes S class or a BMW 7 or even an M5. 50K is a lot of money for a used car. That or I'd get a Mercedes GL and be done with it. It's still an Mercedes and it is very practical and safe. You can be a "humble baller" instead of an obnoxious one.

Honestly I think you need to shelf the "head turner" idea and get yourself a real daily driver that is cheap to maintain and reliable, incognito, comfortable, cheap to keep. Something that can go to home depot. I wouldn't take a CL63 to home depot either. You already have a car that is a head turner. If you feel the urge, then just go home and get that. You're going to pay a hefty price for vanity. For 50K you can get a car that hauls shit.. Some sort of wagon or SUV, AND and a luxury car. A comfortable 4 door sedan.

I have a Honda element. That's what I take to home depot. You can get a nice hauler. I'd rather have an 08+ Toyota highlander SUV that has TONS of space, is reliable as hell and has great sale for about 20K, and spend 30K on a Mercedes S class or a BMW 7 or even an M5. 50K is a lot of money for a used car. That or I'd get a Mercedes GL and be done with it. It's still an Mercedes and it is very practical and safe. You can be a "humble baller" instead of an obnoxious one.

I hate you...... But only bc you are right. Makes sense .... So much sense but I still hate you

Well said and spoken. Agreed on many points there

Well if you think about it, these 2 are family cars right?

Mistubishi Lancer

0612_z+2008_mitsubishi_lancer+base_front_corner.jpg

Subaru Impreza

subaru-impreza-sedan-0807-00.jpg

so basically, you just have to buy their top grade...

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

02_l.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2011_subaru_impreza-wrx-sti_actf34_fd_715101_717-4ea61ed64db1b.jpg

Boy those are two ugly cars. You might as well advise him to get this:

volkswagen-new-beetle-20-07.jpg

I'm not saying they are bad cars. I'm just saying they are ugly.

Last edited:
ISF hands down.

If you consider price, performance, reliability, built quality, etc.

Wald-Lexus_IS-F_2009_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

And that's one mighty ugly body kit on that poor IS.

Boy those are two ugly cars. You might as well advise him to get this:

volkswagen-new-beetle-20-07.jpg

I'm not saying they are bad cars. I'm just saying they are ugly.

Evo X and WRX STi are still better.

That Beetle isn't really a family car, well it can be, but it doesn't have 4 door (with comfortable rear seat) and a trunk that is useful.

I'm sorry but that is one hideous car... The JDM conversion is for those who don't think it's ugly enough.

Timpo.... A minivan? Are you serious? He said he wants a head turner, your suggestion is a Nissan minivan? Not only is it a minivan but it's one of the ugliest ones. Even a soccer mom doesn't want to be seen in that. You want the OP to jump out the NSX and hop into that? I don't think he meant "turn heads" the way Quasimodo turned heads.

Disney-Quasimodo-5929.jpg

Last edited:
I used to work with several car dealship which happens to include Audi Mercs and BMW, wouldn't really say they are "reliable"... Also, looking at the list, I am guessing fuel consumption is no issue here either. Around 50k these seems pretty promising Here's my take on a few:

More pratical:
E63/55 wagon 02-09 (W211)
Audi RS4 sedan/wagon (B7)
BMW m3 sedan (e90/92/93)
Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT (Not the GT S sadly, out of price range)

Liking the list, as I'm also looking. Been looking for a proper E500 Estate 4Matic for my family beater that will seat 7 in a pinch.

m5-rear.jpg

Save the money, get one of these, six speed and a clutch. Sleeper + turn heads at the same time. Mod it up a bit with the left over money, Step on it and let the exhaust note engulf you, then feel the terror :biggrin:
I have one. WONDERFUL car, but one thing it doesn't do is turn heads. It's the kind of car where when people get close to it, they're like "wow this is really nice!" even though it's 12 years old, but it doesn't get noticed on the street by anyone but hardcore car guys (even though I go apesh*t when I see one and think they look gorgeous).

Great cars. I've had four and its hard to find a sedan that compares in that price range.
You've had FOUR?! haha why so many?

LAMBO DOORS!! Problem solved! :biggrin:
2009-Mercedes-Benz-CL-LSD-Lambo-door-conversion-front-three-quarter.jpeg
LMAO. It attracts more attention AND solved a practical problem.
I dont know if anyone mentioned it but how about a Kia Optima Turbo loaded? Around 30 grand, looks good, all the bells and whistles, close to 300 hp, and a 10 year warranty.
Umm, that's a Kia family sedan. Yeah it looks good... for a Kia... and for a family sedan. I don't think "Kia Optima" will really bring out his checkbook when E63s, M5s, etc. aren't enough of a head-turner. Plus 0-60s range from mid-6s to low-7s, I doubt it truly makes its advertised 274hp let alone 300.

OP, you say DD but then you mention weekends and the occasional trackday. What is the NSX for? You might be asking for too much in one car.

Back