• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help picking a new daily driver

Ive been really looking in to the IS-F and they are in the price range, see them running high 30s low to mid 40s. For the same price I could have a bit older M5 or an E55 AMG. But the IS-F would have a newer look.

Go Find a E39 m5 and drive it for yourself, it is still by far the best 4 door sedan i have ever driven. Sure it is aged and it doesn't turn much heads, but it has the perfect blend of elegance, style, aggressiveness, savagery, and grace. Comfort and ergonomics and technology is not bad as well. Test drive one and compare for yourself :biggrin:

Go Find a E39 m5 and drive it for yourself, it is still by far the best 4 door sedan i have ever driven. Sure it is aged and it doesn't turn much heads, but it has the perfect blend of elegance, style, aggressiveness, savagery, and grace. Comfort and ergonomics and technology is not bad as well. Test drive one and compare for yourself :biggrin:
x2 tons of people on M5Board have "downgraded" from the V10 M5 back to the E39. There are few cars that can tear up a twisty road - and many, many sports cars in its path - with a stickshift to boot, but then carry 4 people in complete comfort and looks that are subtle and classy (not sure anyone doesn't like the look of the E39). I am usually disappointed in cars when I test drive them, but the E39 M5 completely blew me away and I knew with 100% certainty I had to get one before I got back to the dealer. The ride, the torque, the muscle car feel, etc. And I wasn't even looking for a sedan necessarily.

Tech/modernity-wise, the car is quite flexible. The standard nav when upgraded to the 2003 spec is not the prettiest, but it works quite well. Factory retrofit Bluetooth and rearview camera is available. And everything else is there - power folding mirrors, alcantara headliner, HIDs, optional stereo with 2 10" subs, full leather dash/doors/everything on many of them, etc.

Last edited:
I just picked up a W211 Merc E55 5.5 supercharged.....and I love it! Sure maintenance is going to suck compared to my Lexus GS430, but man this thing moves! I actually haven't touched my NSX since I got it. I can't get enough of it. I've been glued to the MB forums and plan on doing some light mods. <3 :biggrin:

I just picked up a W211 Merc E55 5.5 supercharged.....and I love it! Sure maintenance is going to suck compared to my Lexus GS430, but man this thing moves! I actually haven't touched my NSX since I got it. I can't get enough of it. I've been glued to the MB forums and plan on doing some light mods. <3 :biggrin:

At the end of the day after your affair with ur new merc, you'll just come back to the NSX and once again rediscover why it is and always will be the one and only :biggrin:

i recently got an 08 bmw m3 for my dd.it's a 4 door sedan,so it's practical,its performance is near supercar level,and it looks great.it's very comfortable cruising around.

you can get a nice one for around $40k.

it does use lots of gas.it's bad when your "economy" vehicle is an nsx!

Last edited:
Back