• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help (WinXP) - small but irritating problem

Hi

below you can see what happened to the "opened windows" in Win Xp when I started the computer just now. I don't know what I did :confused: Suddenly every window I open get a shortcut on the right side, as you know the windows are supposed to be på the left side! Not a big problem but can anyone help how to set it to the left again?

Utennavn.jpg

Thank you :)

1. You can drag the task bar to any side or the top/bottom of the monitor.

2. The task bar uses the first section for program shortcuts then it lists your open windows. Perhaps your first section is too large, forcing the windows to the right.

I understand what you are saying. It just wont let me drag the open windows to the left, and after deleting all the shortcuts next to the Start button, it still stays there... Really strange.

Make sure the taskbar isn't "locked" (right click on taskbar, is there a tick next to this item?)

If it's not locked, you should be able to drag the minimized applications to the left by dragging a point just to the left of the first one.

There is a quickstart area on the left side of the task bar just to the right of the start button. What it appears you did is slid the (almost invisible) divider between the quick start area and the minimized application area of the tray to the right.

Move your mouse just to the left of the first minimized application and it should turn to a <-> somewhere over there. When you get the <-> click and drag to the left to shrink the quickstart area of the taskbar.

OzzieJohn said:
Make sure the taskbar isn't "locked" (right click on taskbar, is there a tick next to this item?)

YES! That was it :) Unticked "locked" and could change it righ away!

Thank you and everyone trying to help! :)

Back