• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help with Bose Wire Decoding for aftermarket speakers

I have removed the Bose speaker boxes from my L/R Doors. I am retrofitting my own speakers into the Bose box, but removing those junk bose amps.

There is a brown plug on the outside of the Bose amp that plugs into the door (sorry no pic). On this brown plug there are 4 wires. 1 black, 1 orange, 1 yellow, 1 purple.

Question. Which 2 of those 4 colors do I splice to get (- & +) to plug into the back of my aftermarket speaker?

Please help me out here
Thanks

Last edited:
Also.. What is the output of the Factory NSX Deck?

And.. Can the factory OEM Deck power 2 aftermarket door speakers and tweeters without amps?

NSX123 said:
.. Can the factory OEM Deck power 2 aftermarket door speakers and tweeters without amps?
No - there is no amplifier in the OEM head - the outputs are pre-outs. You need to splice the outputs to RCA jacks then run these to external amp to feed speakers.

The white (+) & orange (-) in that brown plug in the door are the pre-out wires from the head unit

You're going to need to install an aftermarket amp to power your new door speakers. Do a search and you'll many threads discussing this including amp location, how to fabricate a harness for the back of the back of the OEM head unit with pre-outs etc...

If you have trouble searching post again here and we'll help further.

Back