• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help with financing buyer of my NSX

Actually the question I have has to do with financing, more specific, I need help with the paperwork relating to financing the buyer of my NSX by me (i.e., I am doing the financing, not the bank).

The first question is how do I transfer the title if I am financing the car for my buyer? Do I put my name in the lienholder section (and of course NOT sign it) and then just give it to the buyer?

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dan

Re: Need help with selling my NSX

You are financing? That is something I wouldnt do...........as for the title you wouldnt give it to the buyer till he/she pays in full. Just as the banks do. I would check with DMV to get full details.

GL

You are financing? That is something I wouldnt do...........as for the title you wouldnt give it to the buyer till he/she pays in full. Just as the banks do. I would check with DMV to get full details.

GL

Thanks for the comment! Appreciated.

Wow, I wouldn't finance it unless you REALLY know the person well...this can even ruin a solid relationship if something goes sour w/ the payments. Of course, you hang onto the title as the banks would do til' it's paid off in full.
Good luck to you.

Jeff

Ummmm.... not so much

think twice about what you are doing.

Again, thanks to everyone for all your feedbacks!

I didn't think I was gonna miss my NSX but I'm beginning to now. I'm gonna really miss it ;-(

Last edited:

Sounds like you've already done it. You're taking the same risk any bank is taking but they have deeper pockets to handle a default and a collection agency.

anyway, my suggestion would be to have the buyer make sure it's fully insured (read: comprehensive coverage). I believe there's a way to include you as a lienholder on the policy therefore.. should anything to the car the replacement value $ will go to you. enforcing that he pays for the policy is a different issue however.

good luck!

Back