• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help with tire choice

Wondering what tire choice/size should I run for a set 18x8 +41 front and 19x9.5 +35 rear wheels are SSR prof ms1's. Mods: tein flex's, stock breaks, not planning on bbk anytime soon. Would like the rear flush. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 215/35-18 and 275/30-19.

If you use the Tire Rack website to order these, you will need to put each pair (the fronts and the rears) into your shopping cart separately, rather than looking up both sizes at the same time. That's because the two tires have different speed ratings - W front, Y rear, both of which are higher than the Z rating of the stock NSX tires - and the website is designed such that when you look up two sizes at the same time, it will only show you tires that have the same speed rating for both sizes.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 215/35-18 and 275/30-19.

If you use the Tire Rack website to order these, you will need to put each pair (the fronts and the rears) into your shopping cart separately, rather than looking up both sizes at the same time. That's because the two tires have different speed ratings - W front, Y rear, both of which are higher than the Z rating of the stock NSX tires - and the website is designed such that when you look up two sizes at the same time, it will only show you tires that have the same speed rating for both sizes.

Thanks, those are along the specs I was thinking of running, just wasn't sure. You think 225 in the front would cause some rubbing issue?

If you are running a 9.5 in rear then a 265/30 will give you a closer match the the "stretch of the front tires, if you do 275, it'll hang over the rim more and look different than the front.

F1's are $50 each cheaper in 265.

Pirello nero is another decent choice.

Also keep in mind that the T1-R's are narrower size for size than the F1's although they will last longer for sure (but grip is proportionally less)

DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT run 225/35/18 in front unless you want it to rub and possibly damage your fenders, there is only one tire (michelin PS2) that will work in a 225 - and that is because it actually measures shorter than almost every other 225/35/18.

Last edited:
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric is a much much MUCH better tire, with far better performance on dry pavement as well as in rain, than the Toyo Proxes T1R (which is the correct name, not the TR1).

Pirello nero is another decent choice.
No it isn't, because it's not available in 215/35-18. :)

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric is a much much MUCH better tire, with far better performance on dry pavement as well as in rain, than the Toyo Proxes T1R (which is the correct name, not the TR1).

No it isn't, because it's not available in 215/35-18. :)

I guess they discontinued the pirellis because I had them before...

Yes the F1's are better but also wear out when you look at them wrong! So maybe people who do not need max traction (let's face it, many people buy 18/19's solely for looks) would want a longer lasting tire at the expense of traction?

Last edited:
Back