• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help with wheel and tire sizes

I just bought my second NSX. Its all white and I'm looking to put black or dark colored rims on it. The help I am looking for is some ideas of the type of rims, the offsets and the tire size I should go with. Also a good place to buy them. I am thinking of 17,18s but I do not want to spend a million dollars. Is it cheaper to go 17 all the way around? I'm also planning on installing H&R spings on it so it will be lower, if that matters on tire size. Thank you for the help.

Garth

PS It sure is nice to have a NSX again!!!!!

Garth,

Welcome back to the family!! Volk GT-N's are nice. But they are only available in a 17" setup and not staggared. Go to www.wheeloptions.com

On a side note, a small group of us are getting together on Sunday (almost a weekly thing!!) for breakfast. Wanna join us?

Jay

[This message has been edited by Option2 (edited 01 November 2002).]

Thanks, Yes I would like to meet with you guys. Let me know when and where and I'll be there. I just got back from TX made it from EL Paso to home in one day. I got to get rid of the rims on this car ASAP.

I just switched to 17/18 rims. Bought them on-line @ DiscountTireDirect.com.

Went with VOX FA rims; front 17x7, -37 mm offset, rear 18x8, -45mm offset. I had to space the fronts out 3/16" to clear the calipers. I spaced the rears out 1/4" to fill out the wheel wells and match the front. If I had it to do over again I would get the rears with 10-15mm less neg offset. The rims look very nice on the car. The fronts were $170 per, rears $210 per.

Originally I went with Falken tires, 215/40x17 front, 255/35x18 rear. They were relatively cheap ($95 ea. front, $175 ea. rear), but I could not balance out the intolerances in the tires. I called DTD.com and they are sending a new set of Michelin Pilot Sports (215/40 front, 265/35 rear). They are quite a bit more exspensive, but I'm confident they will eliminate the ride and stability issues I had with the Falkens. They are going to give me full credit for the Falkens, plus credit me for the cost of removing the Falkens and to M & B the Michelins. They also pay for all shipping. The moral to this story, don't but cheap tires!

So to sum it up, I ended up with a nice set of 17/18 staggered fitment rims with Michelin Pilot Sports mounted and balanced for under $1600. You could certainly spend a whole lot more.

Hope this helps,
John McD

Originally posted by Option2:
Garth,

Volk GT-N's are nice. But they are only available in a 17" setup and not staggared. Go to www.wheeloptions.com

I have Volk Racing GT-N and running 17/18 set up.

Paul

I am running 17x8f and 18x10r work meister S2Rs. The tires are bridgestone S03 with 215/40/17f and 275/35/18r. I also have installed a set of H&R spings. There are no rubbing problems at all. The only problem is you have to CAREFULLY angle your car when pulling into driveways. To me the looks of the car is well worth being a little more cautious.

reguards

Originally posted by redfisher:
I just switched to 17/18 rims. Bought them on-line @ DiscountTireDirect.com.

Went with VOX FA rims; front 17x7, -37 mm offset, rear 18x8, -45mm offset. I had to space the fronts out 3/16" to clear the calipers. I spaced the rears out 1/4" to fill out the wheel wells and match the front. If I had it to do over again I would get the rears with 10-15mm less neg offset. The rims look very nice on the car. The fronts were $170 per, rears $210 per.

So to sum it up, I ended up with a nice set of 17/18 staggered fitment rims with Michelin Pilot Sports mounted and balanced for under $1600. You could certainly spend a whole lot more.

Hope this helps,
John McD

HEY! WHen Did u got ur set? I emailed the sidcount tires and they said its on order.. have to wait till december... btw can u send me some pix of your car with it on to me? I really wanted to know how does it look in realy life on NSX

thanx

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

NSXCA # 1690 "Sabrina"

BostoNSX,

Just got my wheels within the last 3 weeks. They were in stock. Their website lists available inventory in the various warehouses.

You might try calling them; 1-800-589-6789.

I'll take some pics and email them this weekend.

John McD

garthed,

The lug pattern is correct. As for the fit, you will probably have to try them on the car. If you have a problem it will most likely occur in the front because the calipers are so much bigger. If they do interfere, it still could be possible to make them fit with spacers and longer wheel studs.

John McD

Back