• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need keyless entry

Need some help finding a keyless entry that is an easy install for a 91. I always watch where my keys are going when I open my door, but yesterday I had my hands full and my other keys hit the door and put a little scratch below the lock. :mad: Info on who to call where to order etc would help a lot.

I doubt any dealer stocks the keyless entry for the 91-92 models anymore. You'd be lucky to find a complete one with the wiring harness. I see some for sale but usually it's the remote and the control box only. You need the harness to make it work.

You can keep looking on the Prime classifieds and perhaps one may show up. You may also try some of the salvage yards. Perhaps they may have a 91-92 with keyless that includes the control box and wiring harness (which has to be removed carefully). You can always get a new remote and reprogram it.

If this doesn't work for you, your only other option would be to go with an aftermarket system but it won't be plug and play. They may work better and have more features but personally I prefer OEM since I don't like butchering up the harness.

I had thought the demand for these slowed and Gold Coast Acura and one other dealer in NC had them in stock. I recall a count of 40 or so units a short while back.

I would call around if you would like a 1991 stock keyless, you may be pleasantly surprised to find one:).

HTH,
LarryB

Try these

Try Gold Coast Acura and Neillo Acura. I bought mine in January for a '92 and they still had some in stock back then.

Yes different

Like Larry said, the 93+ keyless entry is different from the 91-92 and can't be used in a 91-92. The 93+ ones also cost more.

I called gold coast, and neillo. They both said they were no longer offered. That's kinda dumb, but anyway. Maybe i'll find one where someone has wrecked there car and parting it out.

Back