• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some help..

So, i was sent to the State Referee, and i didn't pass. Is there anyone that has their stock headers/exhaust laying around that i can borrow for the re-test? Pleease.. And does anyone know where i can go to switch them out or anything? :frown:

So, i was sent to the State Referee, and i didn't pass. Is there anyone that has their stock headers/exhaust laying around that i can borrow for the re-test? Pleease.. And does anyone know where i can go to switch them out or anything? :frown:

I have got a set of 97+ header you are welcome too, gimme a call if you want. 510-449-3991 ask for Danny

Why did you get sent to the State Referee, did you get a ticket? I thought they didn't really check the headers / exhaust unless it's very loud.

I got sent to the state ref. because the chp saw my Air/fuel controller and didnt really know what it was. Plus he was being an A-hole.

Last edited:
I got sent to the state ref. because the chp saw my Air/fuel controller and didnt really know what it was. Plus he was being an A-hole. Thats why i needed to go to state ref.

That's sucks.

I have my stock 96 headers and exhaust you can borrow. I had Motorsport Techniques in Hayward install my aftermarket headers and exhaust.

I have my stock 96 headers and exhaust you can borrow. I had Motorsport Techniques in Hayward install my aftermarket headers and exhaust.

I have a 91. Do you know if a 96 header/exhaust will bolt on with my cats with no adapters?? :confused: And how much was your install?

ok.. i guess i need a 91-94 oem header... :frown: I will check out underneath the car and see how it looks.. because it does have a topspeed headers and a custom exhaust...

exhausts.gif

Hey Darryl,

Never worked on an NSX before.. but I have access to a 2-post lift, and an entire day. I don't mind researching some tutorials and see what I can do.

I'm sure it can't be too hard.. short of a long day and some wrenching! (which I'm decent at!)

Last edited:
Hey Darryl,

Never worked on an NSX before.. but I have access to a 2-post lift, and an entire day. I don't mind researching some tutorials and see what I can do.

I'm sure it can't be too hard.. short of a long day and some wrenching! (which I'm decent at!)

Aaron.. you have access to this lift anytime? Tools? Well.. I'll for sure let you know when i have a solution about the headers/exhaust. I do have a friend that has a stock 91 .. but i dont know if his father will let me borrow the car..

I have some stock headers with cats still attached off my 91 if you still need them. No exhaust though.

you may be my savior! Is it possible that i borrow the headers for a month or so? But most likely less then a month... ?

No problem. You can come out to Tracy and pick them up or I can bring them as far as hayward.

Aaron.. you have access to this lift anytime? Tools? Well.. I'll for sure let you know when i have a solution about the headers/exhaust. I do have a friend that has a stock 91 .. but i dont know if his father will let me borrow the car..

Tools.. I can provide those. It's my old highschool's autoshop. My old shop teacher lets me come and go as I please, as long as I'm there during school hours. So as long as you can get it done within the next month or so, I don't see a problem. I just gotta show up, point at a lift and say "I wanna use that one, ok?" Never had an issue yet!

No problem. You can come out to Tracy and pick them up or I can bring them as far as hayward.

I can meet you in hayward. When is the best day/time to meet you?

Tools.. I can provide those. It's my old highschool's autoshop. My old shop teacher lets me come and go as I please, as long as I'm there during school hours. So as long as you can get it done within the next month or so, I don't see a problem. I just gotta show up, point at a lift and say "I wanna use that one, ok?" Never had an issue yet!

Where is your high school?

Where is your high school?

Fremont (Washington High) and I can only do it on a Tuesday/Thursday, only days I have off really.

EDIT: After looking through some DIYs.. looks like it'd be a pain in the ass to do in 7-8 hours without knowing anything about the engine/etc on the NSX. But if there's someone that wants to help.. I can still have access to the lift :)

Last edited:
I don't know aboput 7-8 hours but it surely isn't fun, we did mine when doing an oil pan gasket and new valve covers and all of it took that long maybe a little less. please please be careful when removing you sway bars if you don't mark which spot they are bolted to you will end up cutting a c/v boot atleast thats what happened to me.

I don't know aboput 7-8 hours but it surely isn't fun, we did mine when doing an oil pan gasket and new valve covers and all of it took that long maybe a little less. please please be careful when removing you sway bars if you don't mark which spot they are bolted to you will end up cutting a c/v boot atleast thats what happened to me.

I only say 7-8 hours.. because while I'm an all around car guy.. and do all my own repairs/maintenance, I've never worked on an NSX so would have to go entirely by pics and DIYs and experience it as I go along.

Actually, i visited my lawyer and he said he will get everything dismissed.. :biggrin: so wont be needing to go through all the trouble to swap everything. Ill be hitting you up soon.. ttyl

Nice!!

Yeah there was a post on audizine of a guy who's wife was a lawyer. And he had a non-carb engine swap. And the lawyer (his wife) had convinced the judge the swap was done in a state that it was legal, and that it would have cost tens of thousands of dollars to fix.. so the judge dismissed it :eek:

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Back