• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need storage HELP! (So. Cal)

Well, it's official! I'm moving to Wisconsin in early January (Leave Jan 7th)!

I've been going back and forth on how I want to get the NSX there, and keep coming back to the same conclusion...

I would love to drive her from CA to WI, but I will be driving my truck and my wife will be driving her car. I am not comfortable with somebody else driving my truck as nobody else ever has and the logistics of driving a raised truck with huge tires isn't something you just hand over to somebody who a) has never driven it, b) is going to be driving through HEAVY snow in the dead of winter, and c) is going to have to drive cross-country. I thought about towing the NSX behind my truck, but again with the conditions (from CO to WI which is most of the trip) it wouldn't be ideal, and the car would take a pounding from the conditions (especially, heaven forbid, if it hails!! :mad: ).

So my last option (which is NOT optimal either) is to store it in CA until the spring. I don't want to be without her for 4 months, but I would rather do that than risk her safety.

I need somebody who has a large body shop, large shed, large garage, large extra space... somebody who will let me park it in a dark corner, covered, for four months :redface: . I prefer close to Corona if possible, but beggars can't be choosers. I will more than gladly pay for the priveledge and inconvenience. So can any fellow Primer's help a brother out? :smile:

Sorry to see you go Rob....why don't you transport it in an enclosed carrier?

Well, it's official! I'm moving to Wisconsin in early January (Leave Jan 7th)!

I've been going back and forth on how I want to get the NSX there, and keep coming back to the same conclusion...

I would love to drive her from CA to WI, but I will be driving my truck and my wife will be driving her car. I am not comfortable with somebody else driving my truck as nobody else ever has and the logistics of driving a raised truck with huge tires isn't something you just hand over to somebody who a) has never driven it, b) is going to be driving through HEAVY snow in the dead of winter, and c) is going to have to drive cross-country. I thought about towing the NSX behind my truck, but again with the conditions (from CO to WI which is most of the trip) it wouldn't be ideal, and the car would take a pounding from the conditions (especially, heaven forbid, if it hails!! :mad: ).

So my last option (which is NOT optimal either) is to store it in CA until the spring. I don't want to be without her for 4 months, but I would rather do that than risk her safety.

I need somebody who has a large body shop, large shed, large garage, large extra space... somebody who will let me park it in a dark corner, covered, for four months :redface: . I prefer close to Corona if possible, but beggars can't be choosers. I will more than gladly pay for the priveledge and inconvenience. So can any fellow Primer's help a brother out? :smile:

Dude, You are so "California" :Blond wife, a garage full of Glamis toys, I can't picture you settling in Wisconson. Well, maybe you can trade the sand stuff in for some snowmobiles....good luck w/ the new chapter in your life.

Sorry to see you go Rob....why don't you transport it in an enclosed carrier?

Thanks Eddie... I thought about it, but just am not comfortable with it at this time of year. The thought of putting in an enclosed transport to go through the Rockies and sub zero temps for three days+ just makes me cringe. I know I'm prob just being paranoid, because they drive those rigs cross-country all the time through the worst conditions! That is my plan come springtime though! :wink:

Dude, You are so "California" :Blond wife, a garage full of Glamis toys, I can't picture you settling in Wisconson. Well, maybe you can trade the sand stuff in for some snowmobiles....good luck w/ the new chapter in your life.

I know... and every time we visit her parents in WI we stick out like a sore thumb!! :biggrin: We haven't decided anything long term yet. We're actually "Renting" :)eek: I know... shhhhhhhhh) for a year so we can decide if we want to stay in WI, and if so... if we want to stay in the area that we are renting. If after a year we decide we are going to live there for quite some... we will buy! If we decide that WI just isn't working for us (I give us 3-6 mos :wink:, but we have agreed on a minimum of a year), then we will move back west, possibly LV or Seattle area. We are just done with CA for now! :rolleyes:

Well good luck Rob.....I wish you the best man......

Thanks to all the offers I received, Prime is an Amazing place. I think I have decided to flatbed her out there though. I am going to take every precaution available to me, and hope for the best. If I change my mind, I will be in touch. Thank you again.

Bob

Back