• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Strut help

My front strut broke and the Acura dealership says it is an aftermark "KB" or KnB"??? If i go to another brand ill have to replace front and rear and with will change my ride height. Does anyone know where i can pick up a front strut of this brand??? Pls help.

My front strut broke and the Acura dealership says it is an aftermark "KB" or KnB"??? If i go to another brand ill have to replace front and rear and with will change my ride height. Does anyone know where i can pick up a front strut of this brand??? Pls help.

It is probably 'KYB'. You will want to replace both front, not just one.

What is wrong with it anyway?

Apparently it is breaking and starting to hit the underside of my hood on the left side. Do you know where i could buy one? The first owner of the car must have had it installed and i believe he is now past away.

You can find a dealer on the KYB website (where it says "safety center locations"). They will probably have to order the shocks for you.

However, nothing says you have to replace it with another KYB shock. You can use any brand. It's a good idea to replace shocks in pairs, though, so replace both front shocks.

I have Bilstein shocks. Most shocks don't change ride height. Bilstein gives you the option, with two mounting perches, one which maintains the stock ride height, and the other which lowers the car 7/8".

If you need something quick, the stock OEM shocks may be your best bet.

Thanks guys i think i have it figured out now. It looks the like H&R cup kit i bought using the KYB struts. Ill just have to check about warranty on it since i only put 5k miles on them.

Most aftermarket shocks have a lifetime warranty (but only for the original purchaser of the shocks). Including KYB, according to their website. You can contact them; see information there.

I've had a few failures which the manufacturers covered. What they did was, I had to buy replacement shocks (at a reduced cost, nice), then ship the old failed ones back to them, along with the original purchase receipt, for credit.

Back