• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need your opinion

Hi all,

I am looking at a 91 black in color, it has 60,000 miles 5-speed. Their asking $23,500, possibly could get him down to $20,000 it needs some interior work, driver seat need to be re-done or re-dye some interior pieces are missing or broken nothing serious. The body has a few door dings, the paint over all is in good condition. I test drove the car yesterday, it feels good the engine sounds strong. Of course I would have a mechanic look at it . Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks. :)

Make sure the transmission # is not in snap ring range.

Run a carfax.

Have a PPI done by the local Acura dealer and pull all services records pulled if possible.

See if a nsxprime member will also look at the car. Many knowledgable NSX owners will scrutinize the cosmetics like no other.

good luck

hlweyl said:
Maybe I should have said find out if the transmission is in the snap ring range and if it has been repaired, then negotiate accordingly.

According the this http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/nsx_purchase_process.htm
it is a $7000 fix. To me whether its $1500 or $7000, I would consider it an issue when buying the car. If I were a milliionaire... uh maybe no big deal then.

The snap ring issue IMO is blown way out of proportion. Its not a big deal, and it is not $7000 to fix unless the car continues to be driven after it fails, if it even fails in the first place.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your input, doing those things written. thanks again:)

Last edited:
What people seem to have missed so far is the price of this car. The miles are not really that high, so why is the price so cheap? Is the interior really that trashed? If I were you I would get that PPI done and if all checks out buy that car. Even at his asking price of $23,500 it sounds like a great deal if it has been maintained. Any pictures?

...also, does the car have maintenance records? How many owners and why are they selling?

Be sure the title is clean and not a salvage, as this will have a significant effect on the price and any resale.

You may want to run a carfax.

I did see a 92 Black for 17,000 with a clean title and 99k miles. I was going to buy sight unseen (1200 miles away), but it sold in a matter of hours. The Seller did not seem to know much about the pricing.

Hi, everyone thanks for the replies

The car is advertised for 26,900, which is right on with the prices I’ve researched. The reason for the 23, 500 and possibly the 20,000, is the car, is owned by a friend, of a friend, who is of course an auto broker. I ran a car fax (nothing serious found) and spoke to Acura dealer, checked for service records in the state of FL., nothing found which kind of strange. I also spoke with the nsx tech at the dealer ship. I’m planning to take the car there Friday for inspection. Hopefully I’ve covered all the bases.

Thanks again everyone
:)

PS. The driver’s seat is worn, but no tears or damages to the dash

Two things.

1) at 60K, make sure that service was done. If not, look at spending another $1500 to get it up to par.

2) We are having a group buy on seat covers to replace our old worn out seats. Check it out in the Vendor Forum.

Hey everyone

Thanks for the information about the 60,000 mile service. I will bring that up to the seller, after I have the car it looked by the nsx tech on Friday. Maybe I can work that in to the price.

Have nice day :D

Back