• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Never Wet" super repellent.

Lots of FAIL videos on youtube. Apparently, the stuff wears off very, very quickly. Any abrasion or oil, gas, soap will eat through it. This MIGHT be usable on wheels when you go to the track to repel brake dust, but won't know until someone tries it.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HDZTkF4dCyw?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Last edited:
Also many comments that UV light will cause it to quickly break down. If true, that pretty much eliminates any outdoor use beyond the immediate.

....after watching the above video it pretty much killed any interest I had.

Last edited:
After watching the video above it definitely tells me I won't be able to use it to the extent I thought I could. However, I'm actually still impressed. I see this product as a temporary water resistant product and not something that makes things totally water proof. In the video many of his tests are pretty extreme and unrealistic. Twisting and rinsing the gun case underwater would surely break down the coating so I can see the product failing there. However, if he had left the coating on and went camping and it starts to rain I bet it would have protected his gun case and gun sufficiently for a reasonable amount of time.

Also soaking the socks in water for 24 hours is also kind of unrealistic.

Still, it shows me that I probably wouldn't use it on cloth too much. The UV breaking it down is a little concerning. If it last for a few weeks in the UV before breaking down its still viable.

I'd still give it a try under more realistic situations.

Last edited:
I'm still going to try it on my next pair of work boots. I hate walking through the "gumbo" mud sometimes and having it stick to my boots. If this makes any sort of difference at all, its worth it to me. Also - he said he was using Wolf ammunition? Makes me wonder how much he halfassed the application of it. He also said on the knife he didn't use the base coat...

If it does what it says it will for my work boots / FR Clothing @ work (I'm thinking keeping rain fro soaking in, its work clothes so I'm not making any fashion statements) then it'd be worth it to me.

I'm thinking about using this for swimming....

Add sunblock to it,
Make baby spray, no more rash or even poop stuck to kids butt.
Add to roofing products
on and on and on....................:biggrin:

If I spray it on the glass that I drink out of in my office (cold drink = condensation) will it not drip all over me when I take a sip? I hate this! All stay in the coaster? I'd buy it if that was the case.

Back