• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new 1/4 mile times

Litespeeds said:
Hard to believe by changing to Redline synthetic tranny and gear oil will free up about 15 horsepower. I might believe about 5 but that is even pushing it. As for your times, it is very good as you almost got under a 2 second 0-60'. Your miles per hour is a little slower so that shows your true horsepower. But then again, you did mis-shift so that could be the reason.
When I bought my car used, it came with everything on it. I am not sure if you will notice a little improvement with intake and clutch/flywheel combo. Going 1-2 tenth of a second faster or 1-2 miles per hour faster through the traps is hard to tell by the seat of your pants. Only way is to take it to the strip and find out. I have since added Comptech headers and the Cantrell AIS intake scoop so when I get a chance, I will see if my car is any faster. The other thing is I am a 200 lbs guy so that also influences the performance. :rolleyes:

Yeah!!.. It's hard for me to believe too. But, he told me that he ever saw the DYNO prove from a Magazine. Anyway, I am going to go ahead and change the trans oil and differential oil too see if there is really different. as soon as i got the result, I'll let you know..^_^... ( I changed redline oil, it seems smoother. but i am not sure if this is because of psychological factor )

Attachments

• super_web.jpg
    super_web.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 853
couple of thoughts.

-Since the NSX has a hand built engine, there is some variation in HP #'s from one engine to another. That could account for some of the difference.

-what was the temp, and altitude at the track. That makes a difference too(though that wouldn't make you run 0.5 secs faster).

NSXLuvr said:
couple of thoughts.

-Since the NSX has a hand built engine, there is some variation in HP #'s from one engine to another. That could account for some of the difference.

-what was the temp, and altitude at the track. That makes a difference too(though that wouldn't make you run 0.5 secs faster).

temp was in the upper 60's, humidity about 70%, and altitude is 100ft.

hi5417 said:
yeah, me neither, the NSX-S zero runs 12.7 and NSX-S 13.08 pro tested. the acura factory says 3.2L NSX is 13.5 for 1/4 mile. we assume you can go 0.3 second faster then factory announced. but... still...13.08 is way too fast for a stock NSX. are you sure the one you have is regular NSX-T? not Zanardi edition??

someone else on this board ran 12.8 with pretty stock nsx coupe 3.2l.

my suspension setup maybe better than zanardi edition :D

although i'm not running a 3.2L, i did manage to get a few 12 second timeslips last night at sacramento raceway in my '91 3.0L.

runs were as follows:
12.998 @ 107.048
13.019 @ 106.876
12.980 @ 107.026
13.166 @ 95.388 (bracket racing, hit the brakes)
13.181 @ 93.929 (same as previous)
12.989 @ 106.427

it was probably low 80's last night, pulled a couple 1.99x 60footers on my street tires @ 28psi.

i probably will not head back out until the temps drop down well below 50degrees to see if the cooler, denser air will make a big difference (hopefully) .

hi5417,
nice to know there is another NSX out at sac raceway. i have a black/ivory '91. looks like we are both rolling on the enkei rpm2's also, but i'm running 17"F/18"R. hit me up if you plan on racing again, i'll stop by and check it out.
--paul

RedlineRex said:
it was probably low 80's last night, pulled a couple 1.99x 60footers on my street tires @ 28psi.

i probably will not head back out until the temps drop down well below 50degrees to see if the cooler, denser air will make a big difference (hopefully) .

hi5417,
nice to know there is another NSX out at sac raceway. i have a black/ivory '91. looks like we are both rolling on the enkei rpm2's also, but i'm running 17"F/18"R. hit me up if you plan on racing again, i'll stop by and check it out.
--paul

YEAH!!!!..i am so happy to see another NSX owner in Sacramento. let's find out a day to have coffee together!!!

My NSX is in shop changing the clutch...because my clutch is all gone....I bought a ACT clutch full set...hopefully it will help a lot..

I just put a double head intake on my NSX today, looks cool..^_^...but..haven't had a chance to test it.

Attachments

• super_03.jpg
    super_03.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 806
RedlineRex said:
although i'm not running a 3.2L, i did manage to get a few 12 second timeslips last night at sacramento raceway in my '91 3.0L.
--paul

I went to Sacramento race way yesterday...!!!..I only stay there for 20 mins .... but i didn't see a NSX there~~~~ that was a pity..

hi5417,
yeah i was there running in lane 3 (domestics), probably couldnt see me in the mix of camaros and mustangs. i did beat a mach1 stang, ss camaro and a cobra ... oh yeah, and a dodge truck.:D
i left after the third round even though i took out a mid 12-sec barracuda.

i'm not sure who is doing the clutch swap on your car right now, but i have had great luck with bruce at pettitt's automotive in roseville. i'm sure a lot of sacto area nsx'ers can attest to that. of course we are also spoiled having comptech right up the hill.

we should definitely hook up one of these days, drop me a PM and let me know what your schedule looks like.

RedlineRex said:

runs were as follows:
12.998 @ 107.048
13.019 @ 106.876
12.980 @ 107.026
13.166 @ 95.388 (bracket racing, hit the brakes)
13.181 @ 93.929 (same as previous)
12.989 @ 106.427

hi5417,
--paul
]

Paul,
Those are very respectible numbers from a 3.0. What mods do you have on your car? What tires are you running? I am thinking about going up there on a Friday for test and tune later in October when it is cooler. Would love to have a few other NSX's join me. Talk to you soon. Congrats on the good runs.

Sidney

Litespeeds said:
]

Paul,
Those are very respectible numbers from a 3.0. What mods do you have on your car? What tires are you running? I am thinking about going up there on a Friday for test and tune later in October when it is cooler. Would love to have a few other NSX's join me. Talk to you soon. Congrats on the good runs.

Sidney

Sacramento raceway is only open on wednesday right??!! if you come here on friday, it may not open. anyway...if there is a chance, i love to join you and two of my friend also got NSXs will join too, we can have five NSXs then.

Litespeeds,

my mods include: short gears, CT R&P, CT PGII clutch/flywheel, generic cone filter intake (injen??), dc headers, taitec gt lightweight parallel exhaust and dali hot chip. weight reductions includes removal of pass. seat, engine cover, spare tire and tool kit. i'm rolling on kuhmo ecsta supra 712's (265's in back).

i'm more that willing to head out with you for a friday night test-n-tune. just give me a little bit of advanced notice then i'll make sure i dont plan anything else.

the car i am itching to watch is gerry's turbo nsx out of modesto, that is one mean machine. check his car out at pansx.com.

hi5417,
yeah, the track is open on fridays regularly for test-n-tune sessions. i believe it costs $100 to run the morning session and $40 for the evening session. i think they also have some saturday grudge nites when no big events are scheduled. check out sacramentoraceway.com for the upcoming calendar.

Gerry Johnson's car is a monster. I had the opportunity to take it out and it pulls so hard and sits you back on the seats that you can't even move forward. He told me that he ran some 11.8 or 11.9's at around 125 mph and that is at partial throttle when taking off the line. I don't know if he did anything else lately but would love to go up there when there are more NSX's. Brian's NSX which now has a concealed turbo would be a nice car to watch as he use to have a Basch supercharger and let me take it out also. The Basch was pulling pretty hard around 5-8K but below that, I was not impressed. But then again, he wasn't at full boost because of a loose belt. Anyway, will definitely let you guys know when we can make it up there. If you want to pick a date in October, let me know but just don't pick Friday 31st. Got to take the kids trick or treating you know.:rolleyes:

I have yet to see Gerry's car in person, but the video clips are more than enough to tell me that his car is no joke.

as far as heading out for a test n tune session on a friday night in october, i'm available for pretty much any of those dates. if you like, we can tentatively aim for the 17th. i'm not sure who wants to go besides us two, but if we need to reschedule that's fine. please remind me as the date approaches because i will most definitely forget by then.;)
--paul

It's been a while since I have had my car to the drags, last trip I ran only once before being kicked off the track, I ran an 11.54 @ 125.97 but the car has alot left I just can't seem to use it. I would be down for meeting with you guys at the track and trying out my NOS fogger system, I have been waiting along time to use it at the track. Keep me posted.

Gerry,

I have a set of drag radials if you are interested in running them. They are mounted on a pair stock 16" rears. I really cannot use them since I do not have enough power to get them spinning, plus I do not gain much from them (i.e. not even a 1/10th at the 60' marker). I'm not sure if you have a brake upgrade kit that the rims may not clear.

I'm pretty sure that your car has enough power to spin the tires at least a little bit. :D

--paul

Just checked with Sacramento Raceway to see what dates are available. In October, we can either go on 10/03 or 10/24 from 5pm till 10pm. 10/10 is available but it is also when NSXPO is at Infineon Raceway. I am sure Gerry will be at NSXPO. The cost is $40 per vehicle with driver and $10 for spectators. These are all Friday evenings. I would probably prefer going on the 24th. Let's find out when Gerry can go and we will work around his schedule. Maybe Brian can also take his car out. Would love to see the turbo system that Gerry put in it.
Let's pick a date and try to organize a fun little outing. Maybe we can also hook up afterwards to talk and have a bite to eat if it isn't too late.

Here are some of the rules:

All drivers and co-drivers must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves (no tank tops).

SFI approved helmets are required for all vehicles running quicker than 14.00 seconds.

Significant additional requirements including but not limited to a roll bars and driver's jackets are required for vehicles quicker than 12.00 seconds.

The last rules apply to Gerry's car and that is why he keeps getting kicked out of the tracks after one run. :D

Last edited:
I would also prefer the 24th rather than the 10th. Hopefully the weather will cool down a lot by then. I'm game for getting food afterwards, but we do not need to decide that until the day of. I live about 6 miles from the dragstrip so I'll leave that up to you guys who has a little bit of a drive ahead of them.

RedlineRex said:
I would also prefer the 24th rather than the 10th. Hopefully the weather will cool down a lot by then. I'm game for getting food afterwards, but we do not need to decide that until the day of. I live about 6 miles from the dragstrip so I'll leave that up to you guys who has a little bit of a drive ahead of them.

10/24 is also good for me too, I have class from 9/24 to 10/20, this is a whole month section. if you guys go to sac raceway on 10/24, i'll join too. ^_^

are you going to NSXPO?? I have no class on saturday, i may go check it out on that day.

13.0's E.T. and a 110.4 MPH trap speed !?!? with only an exhaust mod ?? I'm going to tell you right now, thats STRONG...

Those little guys weren't drinkin' any Saki the day they built your motor, thats for sure, lol :D

--- Kevin D.

I posted this in its own thread, but I thought I'd chime in on this one:

I had my first drag race experience last night.

It was cold (50-55 degrees) and I didn't do any burnouts to warm up the tires. My car has an RSR exhaust, and runs 265s in the rear with Toyo Proxes T1-S,

I started the night in the low 14s, with 2.3-2.5 0-60.

My best #s of the night:

r/t .653 sec.

60' 2.058 sec.

1/4 13.845 sec. at 101.54 mph

From what I have seen so far, I am pretty pleased with those #s.

Does anybody think the mph was too low? I have heard I should be running at 103 mph, but I think the low 60' time may have resulted in less mph at the end?

brahtw8 said:
Does anybody think the mph was too low? I have heard I should be running at 103 mph, but I think the low 60' time may have resulted in less mph at the end?

i think the numbers can be better. 13.2 or 13.3 for the 3.0l and perhaps 106mph at least.

my friend has a stock 95 3.0l running 13.2 at 108.

nsxmofo said:
i think the numbers can be better. 13.2 or 13.3 for the 3.0l and perhaps 106mph at least.

my friend has a stock 95 3.0l running 13.2 at 108.

I don't know. So far I have gotten a fair amount of feedback that my numbers are pretty standard.

How stock is that stock 95? That seems very quick for a targa.

brahtw8 said:
I don't know. So far I have gotten a fair amount of feedback that my numbers are pretty standard.

How stock is that stock 95? That seems very quick for a targa.

it's a coupe and stock accept for a dc exhaust.

95 coupe with just exhaust pulling off a 13.2 at 108 is very hard to believe. :eek: Your buddy must be below 130 lbs and have removed the same stuff that you removed from your car and then possibly he can run those times but it is still hard to believe. Maybe he is one of the lucky ones with a stronger motor. ;)

I was under the impression that there were no 1995 coupes in the US. The FAQs don't even include the category for production numbers, and I have heard a number of folks say there were no 1995 coupes.

Are you sure its a 1995? Was it imported? Can you post the VIN?

Back