• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New BaschBoost 1/4 mile time

Finally got to the drag strip yesterday for some testing...it was a very nice surprise to say the least. Unfortunately, because of the scheduled event at the track, I was only able to make two passes.

1st Run

60ft 1.830
1/8 ET 7.912
1/8 MPH 92.02
1/4 ET 12.104
1/4 MPH 119.09

2nd Run

60ft 1.814
1/8 ET 7.760
1/8 MPH 92.39
1/4 ET 11.950
1/4 MPH 118.35

The car has so much left in it. To say the least, I was launching and shifting very kindly as I needed to drive 2 hours home at the end of the day. I couldn't ask for more - daily driven reliability, awesome power, and lets not forget the great sound coming from the engine bay. The BBSC and AEM EMS are working flawlessly!

Last edited:
Interesting that you trapped worse, and ET'd better on the 2nd run. That car definitely has more to give than that ET, I suspect.

Give us the details man, just don't leave us hanging.

Mods to the car, tires, psi, track conditions...

I witnessed these runs...

and all I can say is that the car has a LOT more in it... he was taking it easy...

Congrats, and nice runs! :)

Awesome times...keep us posted to any further inprovements when you get it sorted out ! :eek:

BTW: Have you dynoed your set-up yet ?? RWHP@rpm / RWT@rpm ? What wheel/tire combo did you do the run on ? Thanks...

Here is my list of current mods and setup:

1997 NSX-T
BBSC with Novi2000, 3.1" pulley, 11 psi
720cc RC Injectors, Walbro 255 HP Pump
Sleeved Low Compression build
AEM EMS, car converted to OBD1
Spearco Air/Water Intercooler
Pearce Racing 2.25" Test Pipes
Custom Thermal R&D Exhaust
BFGoodrich Drag Radials on Stock NSX wheels
Slipping Comptech Clutch with plenty use
405 whp / 285 wtq measured on MD Dyno

The track: 75 degree weather, low humidity, partly cloudy mid-day, somewhat low track surface temps

In other words, this thing is NO WHERE NEAR a stock BBSC.

Those with a normal BBSC should not expect anywhere near this performance... correct?

NetViper said:
In other words, this thing is NO WHERE NEAR a stock BBSC.

Those with a normal BBSC should not expect anywhere near this performance... correct?

Actually, my measured wheel horsepower isn't too far from the standard setup that can be purchased from Mark. I would expect very good results from the base kit. The BIG difference is that I can keep raising the boost past what most would consider normal (this is why I decided to build the motor). I'm very glad I listened to Mark's advice on the build!

PaynNSX said:
Actually, my measured wheel horsepower isn't too far from the standard setup that can be purchased from Mark. I would expect very good results from the base kit.

I'm wondering how those base kits will measure with the new SS box. Two things struck me as odd during the early BBSC days. Some cars made an awful lot of peak power for only ~6psi boost, and other made considerably less. Given what me now know about the original SS box, I am speculating that those with ~400 RWHP @6psi were the ones not controlling the timing correctly. So it will be interesting to get fresh dyno results with the new box and see how they fare. I'd like to believe they can make that much power reliably, but it always seemed suspect and the wide variance in output supports the theory.

By the way, incredible runs!

PaynNSX said:
Actually, my measured wheel horsepower isn't too far from the standard setup that can be purchased from Mark. I would expect very good results from the base kit. The BIG difference is that I can keep raising the boost past what most would consider normal (this is why I decided to build the motor). I'm very glad I listened to Mark's advice on the build!
When you say you keep raising the boost, I assume you mean that you are changing the pulleys?

Last edited:
92NSX said:
What is your rwhp? When you say you keep raising the boost, I assume you mean that you are changing the pulleys?

PaynNSX said:

1997 NSX-T

Yes, I have been experimenting with different pulleys. Mark supplied me with two pulleys - 8 and 11 psi, 4" and 3.1" respectively. I have since made a 2.625" pulley that I haven't tried yet due to fuel constraints.

1997 NSX-T

WHILE THIS SET UP IS EXTREMELY SAFE WITH THE 720 INJECTORS/LOW COMPRESSION BUILD/AEM/INTERCOOLER...

405 RWHP ISNT A BIG DEAL. A RELIABLE 405 RWHP LIKE HE HAS ON THE OTHER HAND IS A BIG DEAL..ESPECIALLY SINCE A 13 POUND PULLEY FOR HIM GENERATING 435 RWHP WOULD STILL BE JUST AS REALIABLE AFTER A CLUTCH CHANGE

BUT BBSC RWHP IS BBSC RWHP..

THEIRS NO REASON AN 8 POUND BBSC ON A STOCK ENGINE MAKING 380-400 RWHP SHOULDNT RUN SIMILAR NUMBERS...

Weve all seen the compech guys or bbsc guys who run 109-112 mph trapp speeds off the basic 6 psi 330-350 rwhp set ups..

But A LOT of this was in the driver or conditions/track elevation ect.

With more practice and better conditions that 109-112 could easily turn into a 112-115 mph trapp speed

My first 10-15 1/4 mile passes in my stock 450 rwhp SRT10 Viper were in the 113-116 mph range. With LOTS of practice I got it into the 117-120 mph range..

He drove the vehicle well and was in OK conditions at a close to sea level track

sorry i just realized this thread was 5 years old...my apologies

so what? the principle is the same.. in fact new tuning techniques developed since then may net even better power at the same boost levels..

Hey..Your set up is very similar right?????Man get the 11 psi pulley and go run11's like this guy....

11's honestly to me isnt that big of a deal as my last Viper ran 11.7-12.0 pretty consistently with just a few bolt ons..

But theirs just somthing about the nsx being known as the "great handler" or the "comfortable exotic" or the"slow 90K sports car" that puts a smile on my face when an 11 second nsx blows peoples doors off at the strip..

I hate to say it but if I was youId probally shoot for 13 psi and 450 plus rwhp..Then again it's not my engine so that so easy to say...

Back