• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Clutch Slave Cylinder leaks!

NSX Friends,
First thing, Thx to all the contributors to NSX Prime. NSX Prime has been my source of DIY information and NSX related topics since 1998. I have a 1995 NSXT (purchased from Davis Acura) that now has 54K miles on it.
The clutch was replaced at 50K miles (Bennie installed a stock Honda clutch kit). The clutch master cylinder (MC) and slave cylinders (SC) were not replaced. Recently, I lost the clutch peddle (peddle went to the floor and stayed there). Nursed the car home in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] gear where it was pushed it back into the garage. As suspected, no brake fluid in the clutch MS and the SC was wet.
I just replaced the clutch and slave cylinder with Honda parts (the clevis pin and cotter pin removal and re-installation was a pain in the balls). I also installed the SOS clutch damper delete kit and a speed bleeder on the SC and refilled the system with ATE 2000.
Now for the problem - upon bleeding the clutch hydraulic system using a vacuum tool & buddy system the new slave cylinder leaked from the boot at the push rod. I thought that the push rod was not seated properly into the clutch fork and the push rod was forced out of the slave cylinder beyond the seal/piston cup. I removed the slave cylinder and confirmed that was what happened. I reinserted the push rod into the SC (grease the end) and reinstalled it making sure the push rod was fully compressed in the SC in order to seat properly. I re-bled the system and the same F’ing problem.
I’m I missing something? This fix appears to be very straight forward and one that I have performed on my other cars
Could there be a problem with the position of the clutch fork and the distance from the SC push rod that results in the rod being pushed out to far before contacting the clutch fork? I don’t see how, with the car running I cannot put it in any gear, meaning that the clutch is not (stuck) engaged. It can't be that difficulr to center the push rod on the clutch fork?
Any help or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. The car remains in the garage on the jack stands
Thx,
RNSXT

Back