• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Exhaust

Guys, I was wondering if I could meet up with some of the Ontario GTA owners this Saturday. The reason being I would like to get an exhaust as the car is way too quiet for me. My birthday is coming up and I've told the wife I want an aftermarket exhaust. I don't want it to be too loud...just a nice deep hum with some rumble. YouTube doesn't do justice to the sound and I can't make a decision based what I hear on YouTube. So if anyone is able to meet up for a coffee or something during the day pm me as I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks again.

hey butter, i will be at the cruise on sunday in Niagara, i have a pride 2 exhaust and love it, just the right amount of loudness, and really sounds great when you get on it.
wasnt sure if you were coming or not.
eddy

Hi Eddy, I don't know about Sunday as it's calling for rain and I have my niece's birthday in the late afternoon. Tell you the truth eddy and I might get ripped for this but living in Markham, I don't want to put that kind of KMs in one day on my car. She only does max 30-80KM on a day out. Getting about 2 days a week like that this summer. Like to keep the KMs low...a mental thing for me lol. Maybe if I don't drive the car for a couple of weeks...lol.

i just dont know how you do it sean you have more discipline then i would lol...either way nice to see your car coming along nicely...i thought your wife said no more mods to the car...hope you get something nice...cant be cheap though no matter what exhaust you decide to get

im not to far from your area, i have a jasma exhaust.....:)

i just dont know how you do it sean you have more discipline then i would lol...either way nice to see your car coming along nicely...i thought your wife said no more mods to the car...hope you get something nice...cant be cheap though no matter what exhaust you decide to get

Hey Will, she did say no more mods but like a kid would do with his parents I begged, pleaded and finally got a we'll see...(I'm essentially getting permission to spend my own money...well part of it is anyway). I also promised that I don't plan on doing anything else for awhile...lol. She smirked and told me "yeah like the next 3-5 years if we want a kid buddy"... :(

Hi Eddy, I don't know about Sunday as it's calling for rain and I have my niece's birthday in the late afternoon. Tell you the truth eddy and I might get ripped for this but living in Markham, I don't want to put that kind of KMs in one day on my car. She only does max 30-80KM on a day out. Getting about 2 days a week like that this summer. Like to keep the KMs low...a mental thing for me lol. Maybe if I don't drive the car for a couple of weeks...lol.

Dude! Change your perspective!! Why own one of the best handling cars ever made and not drive it? Too many miles for one day? Don't drive it for a few weeks???

My cousin in Cali has 270,000 MILES on his 1992 (he bought it new) and all he's ever done is routine maintenance.

I drive mine about 7000 miles each summer, rain or shine, and I have a big smile and enjoy it. If I die tomorrow everyone will definitely say I had lots of fun with cars!

If it was your penis you were trying to keep "low mileage" everyone in the world would call you names! :rolleyes: Why keep the car pristine for the next owner? If you can't afford the depreciation you're f-ked cus it's going to depreciate anyways! :eek:

My pet peeve: a four year old Ferrari for sale with 3000 ams on it (not at all unusual) what it says to me was it was bought by a poser to show off and the poser doesn't know how to appreciate it let alone how to drive.

Don't be that poser! We only have a few months, drive it EVERYWHERE!!!!

I figure in the next year or so I'll repaint my entire nose since I have stone chips galore, and then it will be as good as new...one day my kids will drive it...when they're in their 30's.....:tongue:

Hey Will, she did say no more mods but like a kid would do with his parents I begged, pleaded and finally got a we'll see...(I'm essentially getting permission to spend my own money...well part of it is anyway). I also promised that I don't plan on doing anything else for awhile...lol. She smirked and told me "yeah like the next 3-5 years if we want a kid buddy"... :(

Hey sean yeah id say drive the car as it was meant to be driven...but ultimately its your car and you choose to do what you want with it..just think of it this way when you get a kid you probably wont even drive the car as much as you can now lol...anyways if your ever going to drive not too far drive down to vaughan so i can see your car lol

Yeah life's short so I'd be sucking up the enjoyment of driving that NSX. We had a work colleague pass away Tuesday at 46 yrs old of a heart attack...completely unexpected.

Anyway here's the Taitec Lightweight I had on my first NSX:

[URL=http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Jetpilot3/?action=view&current=touringcar.mp4][/URL]

The Taitec you have do not make drone ? It's very important for me. This is the GTLW like in the web site cie ?

Is it a good idea to replace the oem headers on my 94 ? If yes, wich one you suggest ?

Thanks in advanced !

lol...All very good points guys! I get it from my friends too. That exhaust clip is great jetpilot. Is there drone in it? As I said, I'm sure they sound different in person.

no longer an owner ... but I still lurk on prime ...
this was the best thing I ever added to my NSX and should have done it as soon as I got the car ...
Here is a video of Eddy's Pride Quad Tip: http://youtu.be/g-KjACTkdjk

Another Pride video (only the ast half of the video is worth watching):
http://youtu.be/TAfSIfZy1HU

Yes, there is a small amount of drone from about 2,300 - 2,600 RPM. I liked it! Can notice at 55 mph in 5th gear while cruising in a NA1. Once you're above 62 MPH it is out of the drone zone. Of course, if you get stuck cruising at 55, just drop it in 4th gear and the drone is gone.

Can purchase from NSX Prime's addicted2racing =
Mark
PRIDE
469-831-6275 cell/ 626-869-6270

Good luck. Looking forward to reading about what you get ...

Last edited:
No drone on my car...but some people have complained about it before so I don't know if was due to their mods or what?

You car is stock ? I mean, oem cat and headers ?
If yes, sounds good. I will buy the Taitec GTLW or the Comptech (CT).

Last edited:
Dude! Change your perspective!! Why own one of the best handling cars ever made and not drive it? Too many miles for one day? Don't drive it for a few weeks???

My cousin in Cali has 270,000 MILES on his 1992 (he bought it new) and all he's ever done is routine maintenance.

I drive mine about 7000 miles each summer, rain or shine, and I have a big smile and enjoy it. If I die tomorrow everyone will definitely say I had lots of fun with cars!

If it was your penis you were trying to keep "low mileage" everyone in the world would call you names! :rolleyes: Why keep the car pristine for the next owner? If you can't afford the depreciation you're f-ked cus it's going to depreciate anyways! :eek:

My pet peeve: a four year old Ferrari for sale with 3000 ams on it (not at all unusual) what it says to me was it was bought by a poser to show off and the poser doesn't know how to appreciate it let alone how to drive.

Don't be that poser! We only have a few months, drive it EVERYWHERE!!!!

I figure in the next year or so I'll repaint my entire nose since I have stone chips galore, and then it will be as good as new...one day my kids will drive it...when they're in their 30's.....:tongue:

Hey Red, my concern is not so much the depreciation...I loved this car and wanted one for so long and I finally managed to get it. If I ever get something else I hope it will be in addition to the NSX and that will not be for a long while (like min 8/10years). I think it's just one of those quirks that I have when it comes to my automotive "toys". I'll play with them regularly but by not doing a lot of mileage I feel it's part of taking care of them and keeping them feeling new even if they're not...if that makes sence.

Have a good hard look at the Angus exhaust. Made in Canada by Will on this site. I have it on my '95 with stock manifolds and cats and am thrilled with the sound. Has a very slight drone from 2200-2600 just like pretty much all the others but not overbearing. Quiet enough for my neighbours at low throttle/low rpm and an incredible song in vtec wot!

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125042

Peter

Hey Red, my concern is not so much the depreciation...I loved this car and wanted one for so long and I finally managed to get it. If I ever get something else I hope it will be in addition to the NSX and that will not be for a long while (like min 8/10years). I think it's just one of those quirks that I have when it comes to my automotive "toys". I'll play with them regularly but by not doing a lot of mileage I feel it's part of taking care of them and keeping them feeling new even if they're not...if that makes sence.

its okay sean just make sure you keep it for a while then sell it to me when im ready to buy lol

Hahahaha...if I ever have to sell it guy I'd definitely call you first. I'll know she's getting a good home and I'll feel better about it.

lol definitely would consider your car if the opportunity arises in the meantime just looking to experience an nsx in the passenger seat of someones nsx lol ...if i wasnt too buzy with work id definitely goto the meets you guys regularly organize...

in the meantime posting on kijiji hasnt yielded any results lol

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...n-long-FREE-look-inside-ad-W0QQAdIdZ298682059

only a matter of time :biggrin:

Met up with JDM Racer tonight. Jasma exhaust sounds great. Clean and not obnoxious. Definitely up there in consideration. Want to hear the BNIB Titanium and the Pride V2 in person still too.

Jasma is not an exhaust brand, it is a jdm rating of the exhaust.
---> http://www.jasma.org/

..basically if your exhaust has a Jasma rating, it's not too loud.

Here's my slap of reality...
It's your car and you enjoy however you wish, but not driving it to maintain its newness is bogus, IMHO. In a few years when you decide to sell it (and by the sounds of it, with all your restrictions and wife-imposed future children warnings it's a pattern I have seen on Prime over and over), the next owner will enjoy the newness of it and hopefully not give a frigg and drive the piss out of it --which was what the car was meant to do.

People who baby their cars usually drive hopped up Civics or 240's. People lucky enough to own truly exceptional cars buy them to drive them. Life is too short, it's just an object for your use.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3AUzrmQZ5Gg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bG8NRcO5Du8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back