• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Imola Orange Pearl vs Imola Orange Pearl

As an owner of a 02 Imola Orange and current owner of an 05 Imola Orange I can tell you that the colors are the same!

As an owner of a 02 Imola Orange and current owner of an 05 Imola Orange I can tell you that the colors are the same!

wait u have 2 of the 8 Imola's that exist on this planet! :eek:

No one ever taught you to share huh? jk :wink:

Wow! That is very cool but do you drive them often? Is one a daily driver and the other a garage queen? I presume both cars are Imola/Imola combination unless your 05 is one of the Imola/Onyx combinations?

I have the only 02 Imola/Onyx...that's how I know. Its cool to see that you have a passion for Imola like some of us do.

wait u have 2 of the 8 Imola's that exist on this planet! :eek:

No one ever taught you to share huh? jk :wink:

Nope he might have 1 of the 8 Imola/Onyx cars as I have the only 2002 Imola/Onyx...hehe.

George- can you post up your serials as I've built a Imola/Onyx registry and also let me know the mileage? Thanks. Jetpilot

Hey guys. I had an 02 Imola/Orange and currently have an 05 Imola/Orange. The 05 is the last Orange NSX ever made. Sorry about the confusion.

George, I like your car collection. What color is the SE? Show us some pic of it!

+1 let me know if you need someone to come and drive some of those so they don't get stale :biggrin:

The real fun is driving an open wheel car on the track. You don't have to worry about people racing to catch up with and take pics, nor do you have to give your life story at every traffic light!

Attachments

• IMG_4403.jpg
    IMG_4403.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_4423.jpg
    IMG_4423.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 475
Imora vs. Imola...

Was looking @ the changes per year and noticed that Imola Orange Pearl was offered in 2002. However, in 2005 it stated that a "New Imola Orange Pearl" was available. Any different between the New Imola Orange Pearl vs Imola Orange Pearl? thanks,
I was looking into Honda/Acura paint codes, for another project.

This is what I discovered...

1997 NSX
Imora Orange Pri Metallic Clearcoat (YR-514P)

*Not a 2-stage 'tri-coat' paint

2002-2005 NSX
New Imola Orange Pearl Metallic Tricoat (YR-536P)

* A 2-stage 'tri-coat' paint

simonprelude of www.nsxcb.co.uk (also here on 'Prime) has an UK '97 NSX w/ the color-code 'YR-514P'.

hmm never heard of that color... got any pics?

Sorry to tell you guys............

You are wrong, there is a great difference between IOP and NIOP.

You will see on this photo, my car is the 1997 IOP with black roof, also you will see a 1997 type S that has been resprayed in NIOP and a 2003 NIOP car.
See the difference now ?

1313688286_81d5fe2fc8_o.jpg

As Simon says NIOP is a darker/richer colour than IOP. Parked next to each other the differance is quited marked, IOP looks more Gold next to NIOP's more metallic Orange hue.
Here's another pic of Simon's (IOP) and my (NIOP) cars parked together...

Mark

Attachments

• DSC00500_2.jpg
    DSC00500_2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,036
Back